Keep Jackson in your thoughts tomorrow

JacksonsMom

Dental cleaning time :(

Can't believe I slacked and let them get bad... well, to normal people standards, they're not "bad", but to me, I know it's best to get them professionally cleaned for a new fresh start. My dad thinks I'm nuts. :rolleyes:

I'm getting OraVet applied on while he's under, and getting his nails clipped.

I'm feeling REALLY guilty tho... I just HATE dropping him off, it breaks my heart, he's so scared. Pre-op bloodwork was done 2 weeks ago and came back perfect. But ugh. Cannot wait for tomorrow to be over. I thought about canceling so many times over the last 2 weeks lol.

Then he's really going to hate me because I have the mobile groomer coming Wednesday - didn't realize I scheduled them so close. So I am going to try and make it a fun week for him otherwise with lots of park trips to make up for it! LOL...

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Then he's really going to hate me because I have the mobile groomer coming Wednesday - didn't realize I scheduled them so close. So I am going to try and make it a fun week for him otherwise with lots of park trips to make up for it! LOL...
HA that's what I did to Lucy. Groomer, and then dental two days later. Horror of all horrors! :yikes:

He will be a-okay and he'll have beautiful teeth to show for it. :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
oh not fun. Definitely sending good thoughts his way.... if you are free Friday maybe we can get together for a hike or something to give him something to do for fun? I can't remember when you said your next free days would be.

BostonBanker

I know saying "don't worry" is pointless, so I will just think good thoughts for Jackson, and hope the day passes quickly for you.

JacksonsMom

Thanks all!

Jackson came out of anesthia good! I can pick him up at 12:30. They did say he had gingivitis and stuff and his gums bled a lot. So she said it was good I did now as a preventative measure before it got worse. But they werent terrible. no teeth needed pulled or anything.

JacksonsMom

Awww, my feelings are so hurt. He is SO mad at me right now lol. He is not even wagging his tail when I come up to him and he doesn't want me to pet him. He won't even come lay on my bed with me. :(

I just gave him a few bits of cheese and he's still so mehhh. I know it's the anesthesia and all, it is breaking my heart tho. I am feeling so guilty right now!

JacksonsMom

Holy cow I can't believe they let you pick up that early lol.

He's just loopy still! :p
Well that's good! At least I know I shouldn't take it personal lol :D

Yeah, vet called me around 10:30 and said he was pretty well awake and asked me what time I could pick him up - I told her I got off work (which was 12 today) and she said I could pick him up at 12:30. I was so happy, I really thought it was gonna be longer, I couldn't wait to have him back with me! LOL ... paranoid freak-o dog mama.

thehoundgirl

Glad he did well! The anesthesia makes them a bit loopy and not themselves. He'll be back to normal in no time once it wears off! :D

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Glad to hear he's doing well, even if he's a bit loopy! Cali is likely getting a dental cleaning around June, and she hasn't been under since her spay so it makes me nervous.

I'll be honest and say the thread title gave me a bit of a heart attack. :p

Members online

No members online now.