All moved in! Pictures! :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
before! (That's my mom lol she couldn't believe how tiny the space is but the neighborhood and the park and the building just make up for it 10000%)
[/IMG]

LOL It's 283 square feet and it's ALL MINE

after :)

(thank you ikea for the kids furniture drawer set thingy lol and for most of the things in there. it's so perfect for me!.. understandably, this place has issues with storage space)

The park right next door

It's also really close to a symphony orchestra so you can hear music at night sometimes

I'm kind of in love.
It's so tiny but I'm just so happy with it, and school, and my new job starting soon (at a doggy walking/grooming/boutique place)

YAY FOR HAPPY!

Fran27

Oh wow. Even my small Paris apartment was probably twice the size, lol. I visited one even smaller than this though! Where do you put your kitchen stuff? Do you even have a fridge? Honestly I'm fine with small places, I need storage though!

But it looks pretty well designed.

(is that playdoh I see in the back?)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Lol that is totally playdoh. it really is the ultimate cure for writer's block haha

There is a TINY fridge underneath the counter and a tiny freezer.
and there a few hidden cabinets back there you can't see from the picture angle but either way lol it's a pretty tight space kitchen wise. I did have to get creative and buy everything TINY

Here is the floorplan

It's still a work in progress..walls are really bare and would love to find some decent stuff to put up

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Nope! LOL they considered ovens to be un-necessary I suppose..
Which is fine with me, my last oven was used as sweater/shoe storage anyway lol

That is adorable!

There is a small part of me that would love having my own little space like that - it would take like 15 minutes to clean the whole entire thing!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
some of my happiest memories are from a very tiny house we rented--not nearly "enough" room--but we made the best of it, and that made it great!'

I love your little place--and the park! Wow!

Will you have the puppy in this apartment? If so, you're going to have to get creative to fit a crate in there lol! Although what a beautiful park to take walks in!

Lyzelle

Wall storage would be perfect for that little place! Lots of shelves and such would free up your floor space.

I love smaller places. Easier to clean. :D And not to mention that park! It's lovely.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thanks so much guys :D I'm so excited! hehe I really like it..it's cozy. Some of my friends were like o_O ARE YOU INSANE?! haha it's not for everyone I guess

And ya, puppy will be here!! LOL I keep looking around like..where the hell is this 36" crate going to go?! haha but we will make it work!
It will have to be a crate/end table/something else lol but it'll work!

I'm really excited to raise puppy here, between the park and the area, it's so dog friendly! I can't wait!

chaospony

That's great! I love tiny places and tiny spaces! If you google tiny house decorating you will find lots of ideas on maximizing storage space and getting creative. Quite a few people have begun downsizing and moving to very small places so there is lots of great ideas floating around these days.
It looks like you did a great job decorating already though!

That park is great and the idea of relaxing in bed listening to the symphony drifting in the open windows is all kinds of heaven!

Fran27

If you can move your desk left and put that little end table next to the AC/heat, you can put the crate in the middle I think... Might have to put the alarm clock on the desk though (does the bin fit in the middle of the ikea trofast thing?)

RD

Are you dead yet?
I LOVE your place! It looks so perfect and I'm actually kind of jealous, that's exactly the kind of space I'd love if I lived by myself with no messy dog or messy boyfriend. :p

My last apartment in Mexico had a space that was about that size, but then another huge bedroom attached to it. I never used the bedroom. Guess I like cramming myself into small spaces.

Members online

No members online now.