Yikes!

StevePax

A guy with a dog
My wife is pregnant with our third kid, due in December. Yikes!

Tips on how to get the dog prepared? We're keeping him, of course. He's a perfect gentleman with our two kids now (girls, ages 2 and 4), and I want him to be good to the baby when he/she comes, too. He's only 14 pounds, and will be about a year and 9 months old when the baby is born.

I can't believe we're having another one!

ACooper

Congratulations!

I am sure there are lots of people who have introduced their dogs to a new baby, sadly I am not among them, LOL

I have heard bringing the babies blankie to the dog for smelling and getting comfy with is a good idea :) Also setting boundaries for the dog now, IE not going into the babies room and things like that will help for napping baby later.

bubbatd

Congratulations Daddy !!! When will you know if it's a boy or another girl ??? I'm sure that you'll get alot of suggestions here !!!!

milos_mommy

CONGRATS!!

I'm sure he'll be fine, since he's good with the other kids. Plus i'm sure he hears your lil' one cry occasionally and is used to kiddie smells and whatnot.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Congrats! I am sure your dog will take it in stride, i wouldn't worry.

StevePax

A guy with a dog
Yeah, he's great with babies, too (we trade babysitting with a friend of ours who has an infant, and my sister is here sometimes with her infant as well), so I guess I'm really not all that worried. Plus, he is very, very quick when given the "leave it" command. I'm sure he'll feel a bit neglected at first, with everyone doting over the newcomer, but that's life, I suppose.

It's kind of cool to think that this kid is going to grow up with this dog from the day he/she is born likely until teenage years.

wishbone

Congrats with your incoming blessing mate, I'm sure your dog gonna love his new playmate so nothing to worry about.

Members online

No members online now.