Vet trip..Long rant....sorry

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Friday, I took Beulah to the vet. Her allergies are back and I wanted to see what we could do about it. The vet gave me some spray to put on her to clear it up, and she told me to give Beulah some regular Benadryl before I go to work each day. anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about...While Beulah and I were sitting in the waiting room, this lady comes in with a huge black poodle. As soon as the poodle saw Beulah, she started growling and barking, so of course, Beulah started too. I was holding Beulah and telling her "NO", and she calmed down, but that poodle did not. So, the doc went ahead and took the poodle inside one of the rooms. Well, it was finally our turn, and the vet checked her out, (Beulah did very good by the way, she loves her doc). So, we are walking out to go pay, and their is this dog just walking around the vet's office. I had Beulah on a leash and this dog kept running up and nipping at Beulah's legs. Well, of course Beulah got mad at this little dog, so I was having to hold Beulah up by the collar and take my leg and push up against her so she was against the wall. I'm trying to keep Beulah from eating this dog, and the owner is still sitting in the waiting room on the other side of the building!!!!!!! I finally yelled and said someone better get this dog before my dog does!!! Keep in mind Beulah is trying to get this dog and this little dog is still nipping at her!!!!!!!!!!! The guy finally comes and gets his dog, and doesn't even say a word to me. I was so hot by the time I got out of their.....

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Pray to God the owner has no children! We had a mother like that my Mom babysat for. The woman eventually joined our scout troop. When we were at camp the boy was acting up from beginning to end. They were absolutely not to climb on the bleachers and he was so the others wanted to follow..after repeatedlu calling him down i finally turned to the mother and said Please would u do something about your son...she starting shreiking and yelling so much it turned my stomach..and still the child went back again and again. After that i handled it myself just so i wouldn't have to see that mother make such a public scene (that did no good whatsoever) .the two..owner of the poodle and this woman must have been cut from the same bolt of cloth...

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
They probably were! I hope that guy kept his dog with him because when I was walking out of the vet's office, their was a detective or something in a k-9 vehicle and he got out the biggest german shephard I have ever seen! This dog had a muzzle on too, so apparently he wasn't very friendly. I would have hated to see what that dog could have done to that poodle!!!

bogolove

Beulah was probably like get this little nippy thing away from me. Poor girl. She was being so good and someone who does not keep their dog leashed was oblivious to the fact that their dog was harrassing yours.

We have a dog in our neighborhood that is NEVER leashed. He is really sweet and his name is Boots, but he is constantly trying to mount dogs. When we all go for a walk (me, Brady, Liz and Jenny) He always tries to mount Jenny, and sometimes he even tries to mount Brady. I always shoo him off and yell at him, and I think he has taken to me because it seems that he always comes back for my approval after I yell at him. I don't know why his owners don't keep him leashed, he is very sweet, and he is an older dog, but I don't want him to get hit by a car or anything. I don't think he poses a danger to anyone, other than the humping (we nick-named him "Sir Humps-A-Lot"). The kids in the neighborhood love him and he waits at the bus stop every morning with them, but I am just afraid of the cars.

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I hate that people just let their dogs run around by themselves. I have a couple in my neighborhood and they chase people all the time.

bubbatd

Sign in our vet's office is for all animals to be on leash or in arms. They took exception with Bubba as he (on leash, but in his mouth ) would go around desk to the staff for his normal greeting and a cookie bone. All loved him so and still miss him.

Members online