Adolescents fun

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Guardian breeds go through so many adolescent phrases.

the first one was going through a fear period of his kennel, he got over that quickly and its no longer a problem, then he went through a "no touching phase" where he hated being touched. He liked being close to you, but didn't like being touched by you. We did NILF and its not longer an issue and now he is the cuddliest dog ever. He goes through random fear periods, but gets over it pretty fast. And now he is going through the defiant, "your not the boss of me phase" FUN! haha

StillandSilent

Ug, I know. Gimmick decided to mark on a display at Petsmart yesterday, then leap up and snatch a treat out of my hand. Teenage boys are such turds sometimes.

How old is Panzer now? Gimmick is almost 14 months

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Bah I hate adolescence. I'm not sure why we decided to get a dog that was right in the middle of that stage lol. Actually I don't think Cajun is even as bad as Juno was, but it's just as annoying!!

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Menchi went through a period where she was afraid of her crate too...

Watson was a terrible adolescent...I am glad he is three now (there were days where it was questionable he would make it that long ;) )

Slick

Kristina
Leo is thankfully having a fairly tame adolescence. Sometimes he tries things, but luckily he corrects very easily. His 9 month and 10 month adolescent stage was much worse than his current 14 month stage.

Case in point:
-2 days ago, he blew me off on a recall, and then merrily ran away from me as I walked him down.
- Yesterday, he blew me off again, but this time instead of a walk down, I did a STOMP down (think walking with body posture as loudly and angrily as possible). At this, he was all "Oh sh%t, she is actually mad" and instead of running away, he sat and cowered until I came to collect him (even though all I do is get a hold of his collar and calmly walk him to the spot where I recalled him from).
- Today his recalls are perfect again ;)

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I'm fairly certain Rigby is stuck in the puppy phase.
Maybe she's just a German Shepherd mix that decided to stop developing at 6 months.

I've had her for nearly 3 freakin' years and she still goes through random fear periods, and defiant stages.

I got an adult dog to avoid all this dammit! :rolleyes:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thank goodness at around a year we were done with those... it can be so frustrating

He went through a fear period around 6 months...people, other dogs..was over in a month thank goodness.
And then for a random bit he decided he was scared of BUSES.
then BIRDS (flying overhead and otherwise)

but just around his year mark, he's starting to mature and really come into himself

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Fred is 2 in July. Going on 3 months! He's such a baby. I don't ever see him being anything other than a baby either! He's never been particularly defiant really.. he's too soppy and loved up to be truly naughty lol

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Panzer is still 100% goofy, silly, insane puppy. I expect him to be that way until he is at least three. He is actually not that bad. I was expecting a crazy dominant difficult dog, but he is so very biddable and really wants to please. The only crazy dominant thing he went through was the whole not wanting to be touched, but we got over that.

Tyler met his first African Americans ever and there was about 10 kids running around, he was pretty shocked and surprised by that.

I'm starting to suspect Gimmick spends more time on his back with his legs spread then he does on all fours. Yes, dear, you're intact. Believe me, we've all seen plenty of those things.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Jack went through a very annoying adolescent a$$hole stage. He developed selective hearing, would demand his food by BARKING AT US, humped All The Dogs, and most of the time would totally ignore my husband unless he had visable food. Just remember-this too shall pass!

Members online

No members online now.