Loose dogs

Im so sick of loose dogs running around my neighborhood. Today I was walking my Golden retriever and some dog about half my dogs size comes and totally starts trying to chew my dog out. Boomer has a good nature but he got mad and gave the other dog a bite on back. Than the stupid owner comes and starts yelling at me and tells me to control my dog. So i yelled right back. If my dog wasn't socialized he would have killed that dog.

Oh that would make me so mad. Luckily, I live in the country so not many loose dogs are out here. Just coyotes. But Yeah, I would have really got mad and Yelled "Put your dog a leash, then there wont be a problem."

Wow! And after all the problems you had before with that one neighbor. I hope you let your family know what happened so that they won't be surprised if someone tries to cause trouble for you.

I totally feel for you! I am so sick of having to always be 'on guard' in my own neighborhood. It makes it so much harder for our dogs to stay calm when dogs run up on us and appear aggressive toward us. If you find any helpful solutions...let me know!!!! :confused:

Debi

I would hate that, too! Don't you just wonder about someone that would start yelling when they're the ones letting their dog run loose. Some people just make me shake my head! :mad:

wow why cant owners be more responsible. there are hundreds of dogs found every year that are abused and mistreated. i wish there was an extremely high consequence for everyone who does this..

Which one of your dogs is "Boomer"? The reason I ask is that I have a Doxie that looks alot like yours. His name is Jackson Browne, but I call him Boomer all of the time. :D

I have to be on guard everytime I walk our dogs out on the road (we live out in the country so it is a hardly ever traveled on road) because, even though our dogs are on leash, all of our neighbors dogs run loose and some come up to us. I don't really feel so srongly about it though because the dogs that come up to us are normally freindly (with the exception of two Aussies that are mean to our dogs) and it is our dogs that normally cause the trouble. For example:
Me and my Mom were walking our dogs and we were about to our 2 mile marker (a telephone pole at the end of a road :p ) and this dog comes up and is barking its head off at us. (It looked like a Boxer/Border Collie mix. VERY cute ;) ). It stopped barking and it came right up next to me and Rose. (Mom was holding Blackie as tight as possible because he was trying to get to the dog and would have started a BIG fight.)
I was trying to decide what in the heck I was supposed to do because I didn't know if the dog was friendly and I should let it check Rose out, or if I should try to get it to go away and defend my dog, when Rose slipped her collar and chased the dog away. (When she started running at the dog, the dog stopped and was like, 'What the heck?!?" and it stuck its tail between its legs and took off as fast as it could.)
Once it got back on its property, Rose came back really please with herself with a face like, 'See? I got that thing away from you. Aren't you so proud?'

Members online

No members online now.