Obedience competition for non-AKC dog?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Hi all! Zeus is doing incredibly well in obedience. I'm so proud of him! I'd love to enter him in some obedience competitions, but all the ones I've found in my area require the dog to be AKC registered. :mad: Are there any types of obedience events where any dog can compete?

Gempress said:
Hi all! Zeus is doing incredibly well in obedience. I'm so proud of him! I'd love to enter him in some obedience competitions, but all the ones I've found in my area require the dog to be AKC registered. :mad: Are there any types of obedience events where any dog can compete?
Couldnt help you there, but all I can say is that I think you have the most amazing dog.. he is GORGEOUS!!!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
he is a very beautiful dog. I don't know they answer to that question but I sure hope someone does because once I get moved I would like to put teddy in agility classes.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Thanks for the compliments! Not that I'm biased or anything *heehee*, but I think blackmouth curs are beautiful. Flattery of my dog will get you everything. :D

I wish someone would start an "every dog" obedience/agility/dog show event. While I respect the AKC and what they stand for, it sometimes gets pretty frustrating to just be sitting on the sidelines.

M

Manchesters

If

Gempress said:
He were an AKC recognized breed, you could get an ILP number on him and show in everything except conformation. Of course there is always the CON Kennenl Club....better known as Continental Kennel Club. They register mutts I believe.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Thanks Manchesters. I've never heard of that club, but if they have events in my area, I may give it a try.

Old Dog

Ol'Dogger
Is there any agility clubs in your area. There is a National agility club and anyone regardless of breed reg or not can do the agility competition. It is non affliated with akc. You might consider after he is trained in obedience trying him in agility. They have to have obedience first. Its a fun thing for dogs and owners. The United States Dog Agility Assc. Love Zeus the name fits him so well..........

Members online

No members online now.