Akita people? Free CL puppies

Xandra

I emailed the link to the Akita club rescue coordinator. Hopefully they know of someone who can help out.

ETA Wow she responded instantaneously, says she'll post about it.

Grab

I am close enough to collect an transport if anyone needs help :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
First off, I wish I could have one. <3 Akitas are so awesome.

And second, it's been flagged for removal. Will people stop doing that? I don't like seeing the kind of careless breeder ads, but flagging just prevents the pups getting any chance. :/

Akita rescue I contacted got back to me about that puppy ad, apparently it was a scam or prank and there are no puppies. I'm not real happy that their time was wasted since I'm normally better about weeding out that crap before I pass it along (most scam ads aren't that detailed with story and location and don't give contact phone numbers/names, etc) but at least there are no real 6 week old Akita puppies being dumped off on people.

Whisper I'm actually glad the ad was flagged, I actually flagged it myself in case there WERE real puppies being given away, but that's why I took a screenshot on the ad.

Wow, I'm thinking the same thing about it being quite an informative ad, so can for sure see why you'd be more concerned with it! Better safe than sorry for possible puppies out there!

We get lots of spam ads posted on our Craigslist, and usually they just say the breed and how it's a nice, cute, "some other word to make it out to be wonder word".

Sucks that it was a scam and the rescues time had been wasted looking into it, but you did the right thing! If it were real the puppies could have been in serious trouble and contacting a reputable rescue could have saved them. But thank heavens it wasn't real! I've been hearing enough bad things about Akita's lately, it burns me up when I see more irresponsibly bred pups pumped out to an unsuspecting public.

We also tend to get a lot of spam pet posting, we usually don't have more than a few dog postings a day (and many are repeats/reposts), so they just love to hit up our section with purebred puppies and kittens, take stock photo's from Google or other peoples images off other add websites, type up some good points about the pets, breed info, then to contact them by email asap to reserve one. They usually end up being the "send me money and I'll ship it to you" scams.

Members online

No members online now.