Paranoid puppy mom, here

Cardiparty

Ok, so, I'm worried Lil Sis might be too thin and it's been a while since I've had a puppy in the house so I think I've forgotten what's normal.

What's too thin?

She eats like a horse. Or so I'd imagine. lol

Oh..and we're taking her fecal into the vet on Monday. I'd guess she has worms, since most pups do.

Would that have a factor?

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
they should have good muscle definition.

Can you see the last rib she has? When you run your hands along her side you should be able to slightly feel her ribs.

Also some puppies are hard to keep weight on. Jazz grew 3 inches in 4 weeks. She looked horrible, so skinny. Didn't matter how much she ate, she was just growing so much. Some puppies go through skinny stages, some don't. Just like kids. Pictures would help too.

Sorry it took me so long to reply!

I had to take Lil Sis in for her vet check up anyway, and the vet said she looked perfectly fine. He says it's normal for puppies to be a bit skinny when they're growing up and we dewormed her, too.

He says her coat looks good and healthy and that her muscle tone is good for her age.

I figured I was just being paranoid, but it's been a while since I had a young pup in the house.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Your dog must have been exposed to dirty surroundings or has eaten fecal matter. But I'm glad all is well.

Porchpotty, why would you make such assumptions? Both my dogs are inside dogs and they're not just allowed to roam outside without supervision. If they have eaten poop somehow, I would really be surprised.

And I have a one year old kid who is constantly all over the house. I don't live in squallor and keep a tight ship at home.

I've really enjoyed this forum for the most part. I know that that it takes all kinds. I think I'm going to work on getting a thicker skin and keeping in mind that this is the internet. :p

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Your dog must have been exposed to dirty surroundings or has eaten fecal matter. But I'm glad all is well.

Yeah, and she probably lets her roam loose and smoke. Before you know the dog will be wearing sagging pants and being arrested for graffiti. Bad bad dog mom! You should be ashamed!

Or, maybe she's a normal puppy. Just be watchful. If she develops an interest in spray paint, seek professional help.

I knew she was trouble! LOL

She told me she was just going to study at the library, but she came in smelling like cigarettes and beer :rofl1:

Members online