A Toast Thread

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I'm so sorry I forgot to respond to this. I found Alpine Outfitter's "getting started" page on their website extremely helpful for explaining the setups for all the lines especially with multiple dogs.

The thing about pulling a wagon or cart is that you're not braking, so you need a special setup to prevent the wagon/cart's momentum from running into the dogs when they slow and stop. Usually it's listed as carting equipment but you can use it for a wagon, too, I would think.
I can weld, so I'm sort of considering welding something probably horribly ugly but functional in terms of a brake for the rear of it, because that was something I also thought about lol (my childhood dog used to pull us around in a radio flyer wagon lol, and I remember she was forever getting bopped by the handle, and we were forever flying out of it if she went racing off after a squirrel, because those suckers are hard to steer if you're inside them!!!)

Or I might bite the bullet and try to figure out if there's a dryland mushing sled that doesn't cost and arm and a leg lol.

Also if he's anything like my Malinois, he might always think you're the best thing going ;)
So far so good. ;)

14 weeks old tomorrow!

For comparison, this was 9 weeks (lower left, with his littermate in the upper right).

And a little window into my life right now. :p (Pip was fun policing so he's creeping from behind the gate.)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
OMG I swear he is bigger every pic I see of him! He is growing so nicely! Very nice maliraptor ;)

Lincoln pretty much still thinks I am the Best. Thing. Ever. There was a short period where he was like "No thanks, I'd rather explore the world." so I just would call him, then go and hide, of course all the other dogs would go with me (our yard is almost two acres ... so there is a LOT of places to hide. sometimes I would sneak back inside, then when he started looking for me, I would suddenly "appear" and give him a treat ... I LOVED playing that game! I always carry treats with me so I can reward him if needs be. I NEVER want to miss an opportunity!

DJEtzel

I don't know if you just take pictures at different angles or what, but he seems to be growing so much faster than Collins and Fame (the only other two pups I keep track of).. He looks like a little adult and the other two look so puppyish still! Maybe it's a boy thing. ;)

Either way, handsome.

He and one of his brothers (Bane) are a fair bit bigger than the girls and (I think) about the size of one another. Fame in particular is pretty tiny.

A little misleading because he's on a slightly taller surface than she is, but he's nearly as tall as Maisy - although mostly legs and pretty gangly, so nowhere near her weight.

Members online