Finn in fall and ladybug invasion.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I tend to have a surge in photos of Finn this time of year. His colouring/eyes match the outside! It was pretty wet and gross outside today, but I had the camera outside anyway, so.

I believe I can flyyyyy... and avoid having my belly fur trimmed...

Incoming.

Attack of the tongue.

The reason I had the camera outside is because here in Ottawa we're experiencing a mild break in fall, and that has prompted a bit of an unseasonal invasion of Asian ladybugs. They love the chokecherry trees in our backyard, so it's been a fun opportunity to practice some amateur macrophotography. And I've only been bitten 3 times.

Enjoy!

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Beautiful shots! I too love the fall colors but haven't gotten out for shots much this season.

Tho are sadly the invasive Asian lady beetles tho. Ladybugs are more red and have more black on their heads.
Ladybug vs Asian beetle

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Beautiful shots! I too love the fall colors but haven't gotten out for shots much this season.

Tho are sadly the invasive Asian lady beetles tho. Ladybugs are more red and have more black on their heads.
Ladybug vs Asian beetle
Thanks!

And I know they're Asian ladybugs, I said so in the post. :p These ones are orange. And bite. Ow.

(the term "ladybug" can be used to describe both varieties as your article states, around here people just call them "ladybugs" or "Asian ladybugs" depending on variety)

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Thanks!

And I know they're Asian ladybugs, I said so in the post. :p These ones are orange. And bite. Ow.

(the term "ladybug" can be used to describe both varieties as your article states, around here people just call them "ladybugs" or "Asian ladybugs" depending on variety)
sorry I missed it, I was staring at the beautiful pictures! lol That's my excuse

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
You get the ladybug invasion too? Man, we had it earlier this week... couldn't even walk outside. Then a cold snap, and they all died. Woo!

I love Finn.

Members online

No members online now.