our adventures at the lake

Becca_

chowchow
I got brave and did it, took both the girls to the lake. The hole drive there thinking I am nuts doing this alone. Tourist season is over which means I dont have to pay to be down there and less people to mess with. Once I park, I get the dogs out of the car which right away became a challenge, new smells, new place and somehow the leashes were tangled up around each other. I get the leashes all seperated and down the rocks we go. I have one long leash so I put it on Princess for this trip. Half way down she stops and whines. I turn to look, somehow she got caut on a rock. So me and Gracie had to go back up to get her untangled. Once we get to the path with is next to the lake, Princess wants to check out the water, Gracie wanted to follow the path. I get Gracie going to the lake. Princess stops to check out the water, Gracie stands on a rock then SPASH! Gracie has jumped into what appears to be on the deep side! I have no idea if she can swim, she looks alittle lost and confused as to what she should do, so I help her with the leash to get her back in.

We go on walking. Find a sandy area to let them walk around. Sadly fish have washed up, not very pretty but Princess thought she found treasures in the sand. Little gross taking dead fish from her so we move on. Get back on the path and keep walking until we get to another sandy area. Princess shocked me. Now she will not get in her swimming pool, but she walked out into the lake and just kept walking in the water. She loved it. They both had a great time. I think we will make this a daily thing for awhile. They had so much fun.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Sounds like everything was a success. At least Princess didn't get the bright idea to roll in the dead fish!

EliNHunter

LOL... on Chippy and Hunter's lakes vacation, at one there were a couple of rotten fish that had washed up. Hunter thought it was fun to try and pick it up. When Mamma yelled NO! and he'd drop it, he thought it was funny to take a little bite out of it when Mamma wasn't looking then run up and kiss her -- GROSS!!!!! :rolleyes:

It sounds like you had a blast!! I love bringing the girls out...if we want to bring a dog swimming we usually choose May because she just absolutely loves it.

Members online

No members online now.