The excitment is driving me nuts

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Lol, manchesters, you think everything is some kind of challenge!
Yellow eyes in breeds that are supposed to have dark brown eyes is a sign of a dog with a squirrely brain!!!!!!
I'm sorry, I don't have any personal experience with squirrels. I thought you were saying dumb or less intelligent, but maybe a squirrel has a different connotation for you?

M

Manchesters

Not At All

bridey_01 said:
Lol, manchesters, you think everything is some kind of challenge!

I'm sorry, I don't have any personal experience with squirrels. I thought you were saying dumb or less intelligent, but maybe a squirrel has a different connotation for you?
I have never felt anything you posted to be a challenge.......just sometimes totally indicative of a lack of experience with the given subject. As in this case........dogs with poor breeding resulting in a yellow eye color are more treacherous and untrustworthy that dogs with darker eye color. Especially in Shepherds. POOR TEMPERAMENT in other words.....along the lines of a tendency to be aggressive.

Of course, I know.......YOU have never heard of this. As I keep saying, wait another 35 years, and see what your experience at that point has been.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
It's funny because I often feel the same way about your posts, and you are infinetly older than I am!
I'm sorry I took your squirrel comment the wrong way, we don't have treacherous and unstable squirrels here. It's true though, you do seem to have met many more psycho untrainable dogs than I have, but perhaps that says more about the trainer than the dogs?
But, my personal experience with yellow eyed dogs is my lovely kelpie, couldn't ask for better.

Y

yuckaduck

It is the camera light that makes his eyes appear yellow they are in fact extremely dark in colour. I am looking att hem right now and they are a darker brown then mine. I have very dark eyes his are boardering black they are very dark. I have a cheaper style camera so eyes can be a problem they are either red or yellow. Sorry.

M

Manchesters

Oh My!

bridey_01 said:
It's funny because I often feel the same way about your posts, and you are infinetly older than I am!
I'm sorry I took your squirrel comment the wrong way, we don't have treacherous and unstable squirrels here. It's true though, you do seem to have met many more psycho untrainable dogs than I have, but perhaps that says more about the trainer than the dogs?
But, my personal experience with yellow eyed dogs is my lovely kelpie, couldn't ask for better.
And here you prove my contention.......lack of or extremely limited experience. In another 50 years you might have met more psycho dogs than you have up to this point. Although you seem to resent the fact that there are many people with a much wider range of experiences (there's that nasty word again!! rofl) that is a problem you must deal with.

Oh, and I forgot that perhaps squirrelly might mean something different in another country. Webster defines it as......Eccentric.
Cunningly unforthcoming or reticent. As pertains to dogs it means "totally unpredictable". That is not my definition---that is the dog world's definition of squirrelly. Has nothing to do with being mentally deranged. Hhhmmmmm, I wonder why you would jump to THAT contusion right off the bat??????

Y

yuckaduck

Manchesters said:
And here you prove my contention.......lack of or extremely limited experience. In another 50 years you might have met more psycho dogs than you have up to this point. Although you seem to resent the fact that there are many people with a much wider range of experiences (there's that nasty word again!! rofl) that is a problem you must deal with.

Oh, and I forgot that perhaps squirrelly might mean something different in another country. Webster defines it as......Eccentric.
Cunningly unforthcoming or reticent. As pertains to dogs it means "totally unpredictable". That is not my definition---that is the dog world's definition of squirrelly. Has nothing to do with being mentally deranged. Hhhmmmmm, I wonder why you would jump to THAT contusion right off the bat??????

I can say even without the yellow eyes Yukon is physco. He bites the kids and no matter what we do nothing changes. If Dallas does not make a hugh improvement in his attitude he will be come a permanent outside dog. I just do not want to deal with the biting and drawing blood, the peeing on the floor because he knows he is trouble when he bites but chooses to do it anyway. He obviously has a few to many wires crossed and at 6 months old I am fed up. So he has until Dallas arrives and if he has not smartened up then he ships out, to the fenced in yard and the barn.

keyodie

Keyozilla
This is a thread talking about yuckaduck's new dog, not about yellow eyes or squirrely brains. :rolleyes:

Sry you may have mentioned this before, but what breed is Dallas?

Y

yuckaduck

keyodie said:
This is a thread talking about yuckaduck's new dog, not about yellow eyes or squirrely brains. :rolleyes:

Sry you may have mentioned this before, but what breed is Dallas?

German Shepherd, registered, spayed female. She is 2 years old, rather small for a shepherd, but this is only what I have been told. Have not laid eyes on her yet. Do not even know what colour see is? That adds to the excitement. I have been trying to rescue a dog for a long long time and finally, it has happened. I just cannot wait.

Y

yuckaduck

yuckaduck said:
German Shepherd, registered, spayed female. She is 2 years old, rather small for a shepherd, but this is only what I have been told. Have not laid eyes on her yet. Do not even know what colour see is? That adds to the excitement. I have been trying to rescue a dog for a long long time and finally, it has happened. I just cannot wait.

Also as far as yellow eyes and being squirrely, Manchesters knows a whole lot about Yukon because if it were not for her and Old Dog trying to help Yukon would have been PTS long ago for his biting. He is still boarding that decission right now, he has stopped biting us but he is vicious with the kids. So it will be outside dog, smarten up dog or that decision will have to be made. I just cannot continue having him draw blood on 2 & 3 year old toddlers. I am hoping the arrival of Dallas will change things. Make him realise he is not top dog and that this behaviour will not be tolerated. Right now he stays outside and at night he is being sent to the barn. He hates it, he howls and cries but I cannot have him biting and every chance he gets he is snapping and biting. So if Yukon wants to become a positive part of this family it had best stop soon. Once Dallas arrives his time is up, he either stops his biting or happy or not it is to the barn for him. He will never return to the house either, I will not tolerate a 6 month old biting. I have been trying to train this out of him since he was 9 weeks old and at 6 months instead of getting better he is worse.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Wow, I geuss the training isn't working. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you ever owned a rescue dog before? By the way, congratulations on rescuing, it is such a great thing to do. I used to work in an animal shelter for about three years, and it was those three years that really contributed to my experience concerning dogs. There are so many awful cases that just come pouring in and never seem to stop.

Y

yuckaduck

bridey_01 said:
Wow, I geuss the training isn't working. I'm sorry to hear that. Have you ever owned a rescue dog before? By the way, congratulations on rescuing, it is such a great thing to do. I used to work in an animal shelter for about three years, and it was those three years that really contributed to my experience concerning dogs. There are so many awful cases that just come pouring in and never seem to stop.
All of our dogs were rescue dogs. Yukon was our first puppy and big mistake too. It is not that the training is not working it is that he is one of those dogs who just does not want to learn. He has until Dallas arrives, so about a week and then he becomes an outside dog or he smartens right up. Those are his only choices. No more bad dogs in the house, at 6 months old he has had enough time to learn and if he cooses to be bad and to not learn then he will find out that gets him a one way trip outside.

Y

yuckaduck

Yukon goes swimming tonight. The vet has okayed us to start aqua theorapy with him. So finally he can burn of some energy. He is allowed to do 20-30 mins 3x's a day to start with and if all goes well we are allowed to up it accordingly. So fingers crossed that all goes well because poor Yukon is so bored and so full of himself he needs to burn off a bit of energy and maybe even some anxiety from being kept quiet all the time.

Members online

No members online now.