ACV For Cleaning Ears

Ivy

I was reading that using ACV is good for cleaning ears but that you might want to dilute it with peroxide instead of water to avoid an ear infection.

Anyone with experience in this?

OlegZ

I would prefer to mix it with water still. Some dogs show a reaction on peroxide. Also, the good tip - to moisten the ear channel with olive oil afterwords

elegy

overdogged
I wouldn't think it's a good idea- you're still adding moisture to an environment where you really don't want increased moisture.

Diltued ACV with water is still very acidic which is what stops and prevents bacterial growth. You can use it to cure ear infections even.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merlin has a diluted (50/50) ACV/water spray I spray on him before/after walks (keeps him smelling fresh!) and I have sprayed it on a paper towel and cleaned his ears with it

Not sure how much it works (he's never had an ear infection) but it does a good job of cleaning and I've never had any problems.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Merlin has a diluted (50/50) ACV/water spray I spray on him before/after walks (keeps him smelling fresh!) and I have sprayed it on a paper towel and cleaned his ears with it

Not sure how much it works (he's never had an ear infection) but it does a good job of cleaning and I've never had any problems.

Are you using the distilled or the unfiltered stuff with the "mother"?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Are you using the distilled or the unfiltered stuff with the "mother"?
Distilled I believe.. probably should get the organic/unfiltered variety but I honestly just grabbed the most inexpensive bottle when I went to try this stuff out lol

Members online

No members online now.