I feel guilty

Fran27

It's going to sound weird but...

I feel much closer to Tips than Boris. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's for a big part because he is more predictable, when Boris still jumps and nips randomly for no reason (much less, but I am sometimes a bit scared if he's excited and walking next to me). Or because Tips has been just so much easier on me to train than Boris (he's 4 months and housebroken, knows sit/stay and *always* comes when I call him).

In any case, seeing we got Boris first, and Tips only 2 months ago, I feel bad for the way I feel about it... Is it normal?

Debi

I think it's normal. :) I feel the same...I got Addie 4 years ago, and she has always been doted on and loved. yet..she has always been very independent and much closer to Dave. when I got Hammie, he was just the most loving dog I've ever known, and we bonded so closely. (course he seemed to want so much more attention, and I even slept with him for weeks) I think in my case it's because Addie doesn't like to be 'fussed over', where Ham just can't get enough. so, while I still adore Addie..I find that I'm just madly in love with Ham. it works out well, tho...cause Dave thinks Ham is a bit intimidating (Ham thinks Dave is his personal chew toy) so Addie gets her extra special attention from him. Dave just isn't around Ham that much and has no clue how to deal with him...Ham KNOWS that, so he nips and jumps all over him. Addie is very well behaved. It made me feel kinda bad at first, but it's not like I ignore Addie...I just give what each seems to want. :)

Fran27

It's a bit the same thing here. Tips almost never comes when my husband calls him, and my husband feels closer to Boris. I also feel that Boris likes him more, because he's the one who goes on the floor to play with him, although I guess it's hard to tell... but he does seem happier to see him than me usually.

Members online

No members online now.