Julius k9, brilliant k9, comfortflex, or..? Help me pick a harness!

amberdyan

I LOVE those! Hugo needs one, I just haven't gotten him one yet. Did you have a preference between AA and Fetching?

I LOVE those! Hugo needs one, I just haven't gotten him one yet. Did you have a preference between AA and Fetching?
I'm just gonna put it out there that Fetching Tags is the best. Fable actually got hers for free via an Instagram promotion, but once I have the $$ I definitely plan on ordering more. Excellent customer service and very high-quality tags.

Normally, I like less hand written looks (AA) but I have come to love the look of Fetching Tags. I prefer the metal of Fetching Tags, couldn't tell you why though.

I have no idea what your preferences are but here is what I would say about each of the companies:

Fetching Tags:
-Slightly lighter than AA
-Handwritten look
-Fast Shipping (but I have heard of others having slow shipping)
-Darker/more worn looking metal
-Even though these tags are a little smaller compared to the Medium AA tags, the writing is larger... easier visibility in photos/or people seeing.

Aggie's Anvil:
-More clean lighter metal
-Cheaper than Fetching tags, and their lower priced one is essentially the same width of FT. Their medium tags seem to be larger than FT medium tags.
-More typewritten look
-More symbols
-Colors/gems option
-Hand etching if you want them to draw something specific
-Sent picture before shipping (and good thing, because they put "Prince of Barkness" instead of Princess- the one I was stealing the idea from said Prince though, so I understand the confusion. But they made a new one no problem and then sent them.

With all this being said, I probably lean just a tad toward liking my Fetching Tags. But it is super close. I am very happy with all of my tags and both companies.

I highly recommend liking both companies facebook pages and waiting for a big sale. They have contests that I don't really participate in to win free tags. They also post heavy discounts occasionally on their pages (Like BOGO!).

Hope that helps!

amberdyan

I'm just gonna put it out there that Fetching Tags is the best. Fable actually got hers for free via an Instagram promotion, but once I have the $$ I definitely plan on ordering more. Excellent customer service and very high-quality tags.
Normally, I like less hand written looks (AA) but I have come to love the look of Fetching Tags. I prefer the metal of Fetching Tags, couldn't tell you why though.

I have no idea what your preferences are but here is what I would say about each of the companies:

Fetching Tags:
-Handwritten look
-Even though these tags are a little smaller compared to the Medium AA tags, the writing is larger... easier visibility in photos/or people seeing.

Aggie's Anvil:
-Cheaper than Fetching tags, and their lower priced one is essentially the same width of FT. Their medium tags seem to be larger than FT medium tags.
-More typewritten look
-More symbols
-Colors/gems option
-Sent picture before shipping (and good thing, because they put "Prince of Barkness" instead of Princess- the one I was stealing the idea from said Prince though, so I understand the confusion. But they made a new one no problem and then sent them.

With all this being said, I probably lean just a tad toward liking my Fetching Tags. But it is super close. I am very happy with all of my tags and both companies.

I highly recommend liking both companies facebook pages and waiting for a big sale. They have contests that I don't really participate in to win free tags. They also post heavy discounts occasionally on their pages (Like BOGO!).

Hope that helps!
Thanks guys! I was leaning toward fetching tags, but I might get one of both... :p

And thanks for the tip about facebook. I'm going to like them now!

StillandSilent

I had terrible customer service with Fetching Tags. The tag itself, when it finally came, was really nice, but I wouldn't order from them again. It just wasn't worth the hassle.

The tag has also come up missing, which sucks. I may use AA for the new one.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Just a heads up but I've had issues with AA service, too - took something like 6 weeks to get the tags I ordered from them and that was only after harassing them when they went radio silent after I found mistakes in the proofs they sent me. :p

StillandSilent

Well, poo. I may have to go back to Mad Dog Metalworks. I know they've had issues in the past, but if its not there in three weeks, it's free. Gambit's arrived before Gimmick's FT, and I ordered it three weeks later.

I had terrible customer service with Fetching Tags. The tag itself, when it finally came, was really nice, but I wouldn't order from them again. It just wasn't worth the hassle.

The tag has also come up missing, which sucks. I may use AA for the new one.
That's strange. I got Fable's something like 10 days after ordering it. How long ago did you order yours? Maybe they've improved since then.

BostonBanker

I have had great luck with Fetching Tags for all 4 that I have ordered over the years. One to two weeks max before shipping. I actually have a code for another that I won; just haven't figured out a new tagline. Meg has worn her tag daily for seven or more years, and it still looks brand new.

I ordered one from AA for a gift, and it took over six weeks. The tag was lovely when it arrived, and when I expressed my frustration upon completion and asked if they could ship it rush, they did so without charging me. But super, super slow.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the photos of the harness? How do you think it sits? Does it look like a good fit for a harness?

From what I can tell (again, never have had a harness before) this harness seems to be working out really well. The straps behind her legs look like they are pretty close to her armpits, but when I feel it is always at least an inch away.

She doesn't seem to care when she wears the harness at all, so that is good. Although, having the leash attached to the harness makes her act differently because she has never had this before and it pulls differently than if it were to be attached to her collar.

I am thinking I might be keeping this harness, now to figure out if I like the BrilliantK9 which should be here Saturday!

Does anyone have any suggestions about the photos of the harness? How do you think it sits? Does it look like a good fit for a harness?

From what I can tell (again, never have had a harness before) this harness seems to be working out really well. The straps behind her legs look like they are pretty close to her armpits, but when I feel it is always at least an inch away.

She doesn't seem to care when she wears the harness at all, so that is good. Although, having the leash attached to the harness makes her act differently because she has never had this before and it pulls differently than if it were to be attached to her collar.

I am thinking I might be keeping this harness, now to figure out if I like the BrilliantK9 which should be here Saturday!
I think the harness looks like it fits as well as it's going to. I've noticed on our Front Range that the neck doesn't tighten up enough either, but a size smaller would have been too small around the rib cage. Also it sits too high in the front and when the dog pulls, it pulls into her throat and makes her cough, which defeats the purpose of even using a harness. BUT it is nicely made and we do use it occasionally...I just think the fit is a little weird.

If they make a size smaller than the one you have I think it would be worth trying it to see if it fits better.

I think the harness looks like it fits as well as it's going to. I've noticed on our Front Range that the neck doesn't tighten up enough either, but a size smaller would have been too small around the rib cage. Also it sits too high in the front and when the dog pulls, it pulls into her throat and makes her cough, which defeats the purpose of even using a harness. BUT it is nicely made and we do use it occasionally...I just think the fit is a little weird.

If they make a size smaller than the one you have I think it would be worth trying it to see if it fits better.
Thank you for your reply! I wonder why the neck part doesn't seem to fit properly, maybe it is good that the neck area is loose? I do not think it will choke Chloe where it is placed on her neck, but she hasn't pulled on it yet, so I am unsure! Do you think it sits too highly on Chloe based on the pictures?

I also can't go down a size because then it wouldn't fit around the ribs.

It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but I think it looks good. I think the main thing to watch out for is if there are any spots on her where it is rubbing the skin too much, and if that does happen, then to either loosen or tighten it. If she seems comfy in it and she can't slip out, then you're good to go! The chest piece does look a little high, but I think that is just the style of harness. Also a good rule of thumb is if you can just fit 2 fingers under all the straps, then it is a good fit (much like you would fit a collar).

JacksonsMom

Fetching Tags:
-Handwritten look

Aggie's Anvil:
-More typewritten look
-More symbols
-Colors/gems option

Hope that helps!
I would agree with all of this! I really really like my tags from each company, but I think I *slightly* lean towards FT, but I don't know... I like the more customization options from AA but it does seem like it's been taking a longer time for tags to ship out. My first one I got in a very timely manner, my second one took a lot longer.

All my FT's have come very quickly. I just won a free won for Lola and I think it came after 8 days. I was impressed.

As for the Ruffwear Front Range fit, Jackson's mid-chest area is a bit 'loose' too, but it doesn't seem to affect range of motion, comfort, or anything so I think it's okay.

You can kind of see it here a bit.

Well I got the BrilliantK9 Lucy style harness and it fits, but it was definitely snug around the waist, and I think it was slightly uncomfortable for her as if I pulled on it I could see her back tightening.

Also, I did not really like how if she was on leash and not directly in front of me that the harness just slid all the way to the side pretty much, even with it being fairly tight around the waist.

The Ruffwear harness does not seem to do this because of the piece in between the front legs. She also did pull on it when we saw another dog this morning and she didn't cough or anything so I am thinking it is not sitting too high. Also, there seemed to be a lot less impact/pulling when she was lunging at said dog, but we have been doing a lot of training so I am unsure if she wasn't pulling as hard as she normally does, or if the harness made her not pull as hard, but either way it's good to not have the force on her neck!

So I think I am going to return the BrilliantK9 harness and keep the Ruffwear Front Range Harness, thank you for everyone's help!

I also got my camera backpack today and I love it, it is nice and small- just right in size, comfortable for hiking, fits my large camera, and has enough storage for water, munchies, first aid kit, or whatever else I may want to carry.

Now the only thing I am waiting on from my little spending spree is my biothane long line from Fraggle Rock!

The weather is warming up and I found a few trails I would like to start walking on, so I am super excited to start! :)

Members online

No members online now.