Help on Paper Training PLEASE!

aymilizi

I recently adopted a six year old mini dachshund, whom I was told was paper-trained. I have been closing her off in the kitchen area each day while I am away, leaving her bed, food, and a wee wee pad in there with her. When enclosed in the kitchen, she goes on the pad 100% of the time. However, whenever I let her out of the kitchen for exercise or what not, she does her business elsewhere, instead of returning to the kitchen to go. She does this the very minute I look away. I have been trying to train her by allowing her to sniff the mistake and then placing her on the pad, but now if she goes elsewhere, she just runs back to the pad, as if that was what I was trying to get her to do. Any ideas? I prefer paper training as I do not have an enclosed yard.. and she is also very afraid of the outdoors...

Manda0304

aymilizi said:
I recently adopted a six year old mini dachshund, whom I was told was paper-trained. I have been closing her off in the kitchen area each day while I am away, leaving her bed, food, and a wee wee pad in there with her. When enclosed in the kitchen, she goes on the pad 100% of the time. However, whenever I let her out of the kitchen for exercise or what not, she does her business elsewhere, instead of returning to the kitchen to go. She does this the very minute I look away. I have been trying to train her by allowing her to sniff the mistake and then placing her on the pad, but now if she goes elsewhere, she just runs back to the pad, as if that was what I was trying to get her to do. Any ideas? I prefer paper training as I do not have an enclosed yard.. and she is also very afraid of the outdoors...
when you see her go on the pade give her a half of a hard treat when you see her go on the floor furmly say ahh ahh and dont give her a treat and untill she is fully potty trained on paper dont give her treats for anything else exept for going on her pade hope that works! if it dosn't work there is some other stuff to do let me know if it dosn't and i will give more ideas i am going through pets mart dog training classes for potting training etc. so they have gave me some ideas!. ;)

Staff online

Members online