Triops! (Pics within!)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Watching Meit trying and failing to shed. :eek: Usually they fight and shake it off in a matter of a few seconds, but it's having troubles... they're all getting older and a bit weaker at this point so... I dunno.

This is weirdly reminiscent of when Basol couldn't shed anymore so I'm oddly emotional about a Triop. C'mon little one!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Meit still has skin stuck to it and seems fine. LOL. Darma on the other hand doesn't seem long for this world. It's laying on its back and not moving much.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Well. I'm stumped. I lost Hass two nights ago (I thought it was Meit at first... it wasn't) and Bohr kicked it randomly last night. Meit is still alive and still has shed skin stuck to it. Darma has grown enormous and still seems robust and healthy. You just can't predict these guys.

Meit's been spending the whole day alternating between acting normal, and laying on its back barely moving. Oh the death drama. >_O

Elrohwen

I shared this thread with my husband and he's sold on triops!! We'll have to make a pet store run at some point, and decide when we want to hatch them, but he's totally on board. I love being married to a fellow nerd.

He also said that we have to have a T-rex skull in our aquarium, just like Allie. :rofl1:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
So, I lost Darma quite awhile ago... but Meit managed to survive right up until today! Wow. Lived just over a month and seemed perfectly healthy right up until the end. Go Meit! Laid a ton of eggs in that time, too...

Now to drain and dry. Marshall's down for starting another tank down the road (we're moving in together next week) so I'm pretty pumped. :D

Members online