Android users

ACooper

I'm not a big app user/downloader, but I do use/like JuiceDefender. It's a battery saving app. It lets you control what runs when the phone is idle....it blocks the data (internet) from sucking battery when display is sleeping. THere's various settings and (of course) a free version and an upgraded version.

Then of course I have a few that EVERYONE has like Candy Crush, Angry Birds, Facebook, etc....but like I said, not a big phone app user. I feel like I'm wasting my smartphone by not utilizing a lot of things I could be doing with it! LOL

I haven't found any terribly useful ones. I've ditched all the games and pretty much use my phone for calls, texting (hangouts) FB occassionally and email. Google maps for navigation. I do use netflix and youtube a lot with chromecast but other than that I haven't explored a lot, mostly because most left me pretty disappointed overall I never bothered looking for more.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Swiftkey!! http://www.swiftkey.net/en/ Best Keyboard ever! Reads your mind.
Agreed. Swiftkey changed my life. Worth the tiny price tag.

I don't know how many of these are Android-specific, but:

I like ClickStats for dog training.

Google Goggles is amazing for when I don't know what something is - I take a photo of it and Google tells me what it is.

Tapatalk for on-the-go forum browsing.

Zombies, Run for some fun when I run train.

For FB, the official app is the best. For Twitter, I use TweetCaster. For Reddit, I use Reddit Is Fun.

A really cool thing about Android vs. Apple phones is that you can completely customize your home screens using launcher apps and such. I've been using GO Launcher for years and I love it. It can take a bunch of tweaking at first so if you want simplicity, stick with the base launcher that your phone has.

Awesome thanks guys, I'll look into these ones :)

I still have my iPhone 5 for personal use, so it'll have games, they battery saver is interesting for sure as it's a business phone.

Members online

No members online now.