It's Been Awhile (Pics)

It has been a LONG time and I couldn't remember the old email or password from my previous account. So I decided to start a new account. Which is fitting as I am a very different person than I was when I was a member of this forum. My username was Pixiesticksandtricks but you will probably remember me as Samantha. Many of you are facebook friends with me.

I left the site years ago due to lack of internet and life drama. I no longer have Sawyer or Maggie in my life. Maggie ended up with a family friend who loved her and could offer her a home better suited to her personality. I still see her often and she is a happy spoiled girl.

Sawyer we lost about 3 years ago. He had gone blind due to a inherited neurological disorder. We worked hard with him but as his sight deteriorated he became more and more jumpy fear aggressive. We fought hard for a year working through horrid fights between him and Morrison (during one fight Morrison almost lost an eye). But then he became aggressive towards myself and my mother and it came to the point where not only ourselves but no one could help my poor sweet guy. And I hate to say it but for his well being and ours we had to put him down.

And that is why I never came back to Chaz. I would sit with my screen open wanting to type out a post explaining everything. But I was scared that people would tell me I didn't try hard enough. And I know I did. And in that moment I knew I didn't have to prove anything to anyone. I know how much I loved and fought for Sawyer and that's all that mattered.

After that I started working and fostering for a small rescue. With Morrison as the only permanent resident. Those of you who remember me will remember my 5 year old Lab/Beagle/Basset

Two years ago Honey came into my life. She actually came from the same neighbors who gave me custody of a very sick and close to death 9 week old Sawyer, all those years ago. Honey was flea ridden and kept tied up in the backyard in 90 degree heat. They neighbor told us that the dog had been "found" loose in a ritzy neighborhood years ago by the womans mother. So yeah she was probably someones pet. She told us her mother gave her the dog because her father no longer wanted her in the house. When she was in the house she was kept in a pitch black basement and ignored by everyone but small children who beat her up.

Despite she was a super cute 8 year old 4 lb Pomeranian. I never thought I would end up with a "toy" breed. But I found myself telling my neighbor that I would take her if they didn't want her. Because she was so flea infested they easily gave her up.

She was so infested she had to be shaved almost completely bald and had to have multiple baths. She was over weight and had absolutely NO IDEA how to be a dog.

Morrison was patient with her. He would approach and she would snap in fear and he would just calmly walk away. Slowly but surely she came of her shell and is now a happy healthy 10 year old fluffy girl. Her previous owners didn't expect her to live long after they gave her to me. And are constantly shocked what good food and vet care can do.

The day she came to us

One year from the day we got her

Not long after Osha (Chihuahua) came into my life. She was a foster gone wrong lol. She was a puppymill rescue that had been overbred and abused. I was told she had no coat to speak of when she was first rescued with her puppies. She was then "rehabbed" and adopting out to a young college student. But the girl decided after a year that she and "Polly" (her original name) were not a good match.

She said that the dog was too timid for her life style. I was emailed about fostering her and as soon as I saw her pic I fell for her. She looked like a mini smooth coated Border Collie lol. I felt for her and just had to have her.

She is still a timid dog but has also come a long way. She plays with the other dogs and loves snuggles and attention. Loud sounds, hand claps, and finger snaps are all triggers. She will run and hide under the couch if she is too overwhelmed but that is happening less and less and daily I watch her confidence grow.

She is BEST buds with Sawyer they often play and are found sleeping together.

Fae was the last/final addition to the family. She came the same summer as Honey and Osha lol. It was not planned at all. I now refer to it as "The Summer Of Small Dogs".

Fae belonged to my best friends 16 year old sister. She had bought her from a Chihuahua breeder. The pure bred pups had been over priced and so she asked the breeder if they had any cheaper puppies. So the guy showed her a litter of "Chorkie" *vomit* Yorkie/Chihuahua puppies, and she picked Fae.

Well as it goes the girl turned out to lose interest in Fae by the time she was 6 months old. And her parents told her that she needed to find a new home for her puppy.

Out of nowere I get a FB message asking me if I would be interested. I was unsure at first but once I saw her pic and how small she was I had to have her :rolleyes:. A moment of weakness I am glad I had!

Instantly I bonded to her. Just as closely as I am bonded to Morrison. And was to Sawyer...She is my shadow and my heart dog. She is my constant companion. Most of her personality is on the Yorkie side. She athletic funny little thing. She brings out the best of Honey and they are often found playing together.

She is now 2 years old and I can honestly the choice to bring her in my home was the best I ever made.

So lol that's the "pack". I don't know how much I will post. But I am glad to be back and looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Welcome back to Chaz! Yes, I remember you. I'm so glad to hear you have fur kids in your life again. What a great family you have and the stories behind each one.

Welcome back! Love the pictures of your dogs. Osha has an adorable squiggle on her forehead, looks like a crooked part, LOL. :)

I can relate, I used to be Meggie. Kicker is that I figured out my password after I started posting as MilliesMom. Oh well.

Brattina88

*waves* Hi! :)
Welcome back old friend! It's good to "see" you. ;) I think we've all grown and changed over the years, weird isn't it? :p lol
When I saw a pic of Morrison on the other thread I was squinting like hmmm I know you! :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.