Collars

Toller_08

Hudson looks great in that width I think! Really cute collar, too. Dance has that one somewhere as well. I've always really liked it.

God dang it now I feel like I need to buy this.
Do it! My adult dogs all have one and they're great. Those are pretty much the only collars they wear in the summer.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Ok Fran! I just ordered two of these for the girls! Going off of your recommendation. :D
Totally ordering one in July for vacation

**I really hate these random questions. Forgetful Terri forgets to answer them over half the time**
Lol Yay peer pressure!!! Southpaw do it!

I really like Merlin's. I just rinse it off after a day of disgusting and it's dry in a minute and look (and smells) like new! Plus it's soft, doesn't feel like plastic or anything.
Plus no jingling tags to worry about, this is especially nice when he swims or runs around in heavy vegetation (I worry about his tags getting caught on something or other)

Here is a pic of what they look like (I didn't get the center ring one though but wish I did lol it looks cool and it would be handy for quick leashing)

Hudson looks great in that width I think! Really cute collar, too. Dance has that one somewhere as well. I've always really liked it.
I really wanted the peace pup one so it would match his leash, but the pet store didn't have it. They only had a few options in the 1", but I like this one. I've always like turtles too.

I really like Merlin's. I just rinse it off after a day of disgusting and it's dry in a minute and look (and smells) like new! Plus it's soft, doesn't feel like plastic or anything.
Plus no jingling tags to worry about, this is especially nice when he swims or runs around in heavy vegetation (I worry about his tags getting caught on something or other)

Here is a pic of what they look like (I didn't get the center ring one though but wish I did lol it looks cool and it would be handy for quick leashing)
What size did you get for Merlin? Hudson's new collar is 12-20. Right now 15ish is about right. Since I like my collars loose, I have it around 16" but no idea what to do for adult size collars. I don't know how think he is going to get.

**Screw you question asker! I just want to reply!**

JessLough

Love My Mutt

Hey! That dog is in Kitchener! :p

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Those gundogsupply biothane collars are what I've used for foster dogs... they're so nice for muddy and wet conditions!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
What size did you get for Merlin? Hudson's new collar is 12-20. Right now 15ish is about right. Since I like my collars loose, I have it around 16" but no idea what to do for adult size collars. I don't know how think he is going to get.

**Screw you question asker! I just want to reply!**
I got the 3/4 Width and the 13-17. I like the thinnerish one for Merlin and the size really suits him. I don't know if it will last through to adulthood though, I mean it really fits him fine now but when I got it he wasn't big enough to handle a 1 inch collar soo.. and I figure for the price I'll just get him another one when the time comes :rofl1:

For hudson honestly I would just use your best judgement.. maybe get the 1 inch wide and just go 16-20 Inches. That would CERTAINLY last him.. but at his age he doesn't seem like his neck is going to grow THAT much, you might be able to get away with the 17" honestly.

I prefer 3/4 collars and Merlin wears his collars pretty snug so I think it might last to be honest. At 6 months he seems to be growing steadily but not so much around his neck lol

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I hate you all!! So did not need a new collar. But I ordered it anyway. It was the lime green color option that really got me. And I just got done spending $20 on dental products too that they probably don't need. :rofl1:

And. Hudson looks pretty in his pretty blue collar :p

I hate you all!! So did not need a new collar. But I ordered it anyway. It was the lime green color option that really got me. And I just got done spending $20 on dental products too that they probably don't need. :rofl1:

And. Hudson looks pretty in his pretty blue collar :p
I love putting bright colors on my pets. I had a neon green and bright purple halter for my horses & Hudson has a bright orange harness.

Now that I think about it, my phone case and cup at work are bright green. maybe I do it so I can find things easier when I set them down and forget about them.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Dammit guys. I've been trying to resist buying the biothane collars. But I love them. I want the bright blue, the yellow, the orange, AND the bright green. Good thing we will eventually have four dogs?

XD

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Fran, you suck. I'm going to be buying a leather one for Indy. Or maybe the brown biothane one. But probably the leather. I've always wanted that "classic" leather collar with the name plate look.

Now look what you've done. :p

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Just ordered one of those collars for Stan. He needs something for playing on the farm with my in-laws' new BC puppy.

Ok Fran! I just ordered two of these for the girls! Going off of your recommendation. :D
God dang it now I feel like I need to buy this.
Dammit guys. I've been trying to resist buying the biothane collars. But I love them. I want the bright blue, the yellow, the orange, AND the bright green. Good thing we will eventually have four dogs?

XD
Fran, you suck. I'm going to be buying a leather one for Indy. Or maybe the brown biothane one. But probably the leather. I've always wanted that "classic" leather collar with the name plate look.

Now look what you've done. :p
Just ordered one of those collars for Stan. He needs something for playing on the farm with my in-laws' new BC puppy.

Fran,
Have you ever considered working for commission?

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Got ours today! It's great for $16 including shipping! Got Stan the bright orange one to wear out to the farm.

DogLover09

Those leather collars with the metal engraved plate sure do look nice. I might have to order some.

GraceTW22

I love Quillin leatherwork. It's high quality leather, the same which I used for my show horses and which is used for high dollar race horses. Their engraving is PAR NONE and nothing is more classic than a quality leather collar. I also like that should an emergency arise, the collar will break before my dog. If what you want is not listed, just give them a call and they will make it for you. Can not speak highly enough about their work: https://quillin.com/jshop/section.php?xSec=11&jssCart=defdeb94e836494d2f2985043f7c2ddf

And did I say that it's the best engraving I have ever come across? Yes. But it bears repeating. Very deep, not like the crap you see these days.

Toller_08

I love Quillin leatherwork. It's high quality leather, the same which I used for my show horses and which is used for high dollar race horses. Their engraving is PAR NONE and nothing is more classic than a quality leather collar. I also like that should an emergency arise, the collar will break before my dog. If what you want is not listed, just give them a call and they will make it for you. Can not speak highly enough about their work: https://quillin.com/jshop/section.php?xSec=11&jssCart=defdeb94e836494d2f2985043f7c2ddf

And did I say that it's the best engraving I have ever come across? Yes. But it bears repeating. Very deep, not like the crap you see these days.
I love this business as well! My rolled leather collars from them are beautiful and the engraving on the tags is incredible.

Members online

No members online now.