Photo Critique Thread *For ALL Photos*

Sizing aside, Cali, for the dog shots, I'd suggest getting lower. That change in perspective will yield photos that are more gripping. Don't be afraid to shoot up close and wide for a different kind of portrait as well.

As for the photo of your mother, I'd suggest watching your background. If its a strait portrait your after, pick an area of wall which doesn't have any distractions. Aside from that, it's a very well done shot.

All told, I think your exposures are bang-on.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Something that might help whoever was having trouble with how dark their photos came out while looking ok on review in camera - compare your photos in various editing programs. I was using Picasa, but now that I have Elements I've realized that Picasa was muddying the color of all my photos. In Elements the exposure is much truer to what I was seeing in camera.

for Red Chrome
i noticed all of your subjects are dead center in the photograph... now most of the time this is ok, but its nice to favor one side of the frame or the other, called the "rule of thirds"(this is where you section the frame in to three parts and use the dividing lines on either side to place your subject in) especially if they are running, or looking in a peticular direction...
examples

by the way, what type of camera are you using?

Members online

No members online now.