With all the expensive collars I own..the $16 one shines.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
you know which collar Merlin wears everyday and has proven to be the most durable and wonderful?
His **** $16 Gun Dog supply biothane collar with the name plate :rofl1: $16!!!!!!

I hate it when this happens LOL he has two paco collars, a fancy rolled leather one and a HOST of others and yet...for not even $20 from a company that is the opposite of the kind of hipster collar shop I go to, and it's the best **** one for my dog and he wears it EVERY DAY. No rust, no damage, nothing from the salt water, no smell, NADA, looks new.

Do you guys have any cheap underdogs that have somehow been the best for you? LOL

Dekka

Just try me..
Sadly on. Dekka doesn't have cheap things :rofl1: She has been wearing her Ella's lead collar daily for years now.

She needs a new collar, but it will be another nice leather one. I love how leather wears and feels. (also not being a hairy dog I get to see all of the lovely collar)

teacuptiger

floor dancer
My bright orange DogWalkies. Yip. Every single day, it's what she wears. I'm only getting a new collar (also beta biothane) because I want to see a different color on Roxie. But I love that material. I don't have to worry about Roxie swimming in her kiddie pool, or running through the muddy crik when it floods (cuz it's right in the middle of the yard).

SaraB

I just sent back and expensive collar due to quality issues, ended up putting my gun dog supply biothane collar back on that dog. Nothing holds up better!

Yup, my $4 (yes, four) limited slips from Alpine Outfitters are some of my defaults.

I won't stop buying fancy ones, though. :D

JacksonsMom

Lol yes and no. I mean honestly my expensive collars have held up incredibly well too. For a while there, his Paco was his every day collar. It darkened a lot due to it (tan leather) which was to be expected but otherwise, amazing, soft, durable, etc.

Our Karma is our current favorite and it's been pretty fab too thus far.

But admittedly my gundogsupply collar is missing right now... I have too many dog stuff and as a result things go missing! Grrrr... BUT he literally wore it allll last summer and half of this summer until I got my Fraggle Rock biothane and then he wore that all summer lol. Just needed a change of colors. But yes those are some of his cheaper collars and they've done us well.

I looovee the GDS collars but wish the buckle was a tad less bulky on the 3/4" collars. Only thing that bugs me on Jackson's small frame. He can pull of a 1" wide collar but only with the buckle tapered down.

Toller_08

Haha I have so many collars unfortunately that none of them even get a chance to test how well they last. Of all the fancy collars I have though, my favourites are my cheap Mes Amis limited slips. Perfectly functional and never ruin their coats, and they come in so many colours! Perfect for someone like me who gets bored easily.

Elrohwen

Watson's White Pine limited slip collar looks awesome. The rings are plated in black and most of that has worn off, but otherwise the nylon looks like new despite wearing it every day, swimming, hiking, playing with other dogs, etc. It cost $10.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams and Cynder have collars bought from Walmart.

So. Hahaha

They have held up *extremely* well (granted, they don't wear them except for when we go out), they're reflective, perfect thickness/size, and they hold their shape/size no matter what's going on. I don't like a lot of collars, but these I really like.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Mine all wear their Premiere martingales soooo... those were like... $12? If that?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Ahaha, yup. Feist and Wesley's regular collars are $5 ones from christmas tree shops...they're actually really cute fabric patterns and have held up nicely.

Members online

No members online now.