Just One

Toller_08

I know I say it all the time, but she is so perfect. Getting prettier and prettier as she grows up!

amberdyan

Whoa, she's gorgeous. I know very very little about ear cropping, but her ears look gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the really short crops. I've seen several dobes with longer crops and hers seems perticularly pretty.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Whoa, she's gorgeous. I know very very little about ear cropping, but her ears look gorgeous. I'm not a fan of the really short crops. I've seen several dobes with longer crops and hers seems perticularly pretty.
Her ears are beautiful. I *think* they were done by the same cropper who did Kaylee and Poison's ears.

Pro tip: Show breeders are really the only way to get ears like that. Your average "vet that crops" can't come close to that level of artistry and perfection. The croppers that the show breeders use are true masters of the art.

amberdyan

Her ears are beautiful. I *think* they were done by the same cropper who did Kaylee and Poison's ears.

Pro tip: Show breeders are really the only way to get ears like that. Your average "vet that crops" can't come close to that level of artistry and perfection. The croppers that the show breeders use are true masters of the art.
I'm not surprised to hear that. For the longest time I maintained that ear cropping looks weird, but I'm pretty sure it was based on dogs I knew casually who had it done at a vet. There's a dobe we hike with occasionally (she's a joy to be around) but her ears are very short and just look kind of odd. I'm a much bigger fan of this kind of crop- on dobes at least.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I'm not surprised to hear that. For the longest time I maintained that ear cropping looks weird, but I'm pretty sure it was based on dogs I knew casually who had it done at a vet. There's a dobe we hike with occasionally (she's a joy to be around) but her ears are very short and just look kind of odd. I'm a much bigger fan of this kind of crop- on dobes at least.
I agree- super short crops look odd to me. Long show crops look somewhat "natural" - to the point where people will come up to us and thank us for not cropping their ears. ;)

Never knew this at all (maybe because I have never been a fan of ear cropping). She is looking gorgeous though.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Not allowed. Not allowed to grow up.

She sure is pretty, though. <3
The HELL she isn't! Haha. I like her so much more now, as a teen, than I did as a puppy. We communicate more effectively, actually have a bond, and I can just let her be a dog without being within touching distance to keep her from getting into things.

This is true. There's a point where I'd call it cosmetic surgery and a point where I consider it to basically be mutilation. . . if you're not 'adding' anything to the look and don't want to deal with after care, you shouldn't do it. I love how her ears look, but most crops I see just make me sad.

Members online

No members online now.