Here we are agan

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

The children decorated little Bear's transition home and helped pack his toys.
I love that Aiden put hearts on the inside.
They played all evening with him and each chose what he should take. Little Bear found the mink earmuff from I know not where that I gave to Ressie. Ressie had declared it too heavy to be just right fun, so I put that in.

The baby wanted the kitten to have a binky too.

That last one to me was just as sweet as it could be. I think REssie said Very good Grasshopper you are gentle now.

one more day...to spend with him. aiden chose the placement of the doors in the new castle box. THe old one had to be retired because Baby Brice stuck his head in it and was stuck, proving he is truly a chip off the old block. My son managed to get his head stuck in many things when he was little including an iron rung fence. We had to murphy oil soap his head to get him out of that one. So I laughed myself sick when I turned around and Brice had a box head. Fortunately we had another box just the right size.

Lucky little Bear is Lucky again because he has a back up home with these children if for any reason his new home doesn't work out. I really don't see that happening tho, and everyone is happy he is going where he is going. I am just amazed that he is welcome with open arms with just about everyone he has met. He is a charmer and once you are kissed (he gave the little girl the sweetest one on the cheek) you are under his spell. A purr spell.

Baylee gave him his special treat so carefully. I told her she was a wonderful Mama cat.

HE hung out with each child at one point or the other and had no trouble joining in for the fun with the group too.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Today has been about the perfect Sunday. Babies tuckered us all out so just chilling was a o k with me too.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I rushed through putting my MOther's house back together after the brown recluse expert left so I could get back home. I had 3 hours left to be with my baby. I held him, and loved him, and dripped tears on him, he sat on my lap and we played the piano. HE put his wee little foot on one note and never moved. I thought maybe he would want to play notes too but he was perfectly content to stay as he was. The crate scared him, the drive scared him, so I am sorry. He is off to hopefully his new forever home Cardboard castle, baby book, shot records, food and a huge chunk of my heart. I wish him luck and I wish him well.

His new person knows that for any reason things are not right, I am a phone call away, for questions, or if she needs me to come get him. Now or years from now I don't care. Little Bear is very special to me.

His new mama just called to say he is happily playing with his ping pong ball.
bye bye baby.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Little bear is back

He came back in a dehydrated state which is heart breaking and impossible to understand. I can only hope it was a complete unintentional mistake, but as I lay on the bed the first night with him, trying to figure out if he has been deprived, or is he ill, I could only feel relief by the next morning when he was hydrated and behaving normally again. I am praying with all my heart my son and his family take him. Mama says Yes, Daddy says no...please send let mama be the winner in that because this is about to break my heart. I cannot be the crazy cat lady, I cannot afford another animal, I do not have this on my lease and there is no way the landlord is going to say yes. He has to go, no matter how much I love him. He slept last night again, against my jaw and ear, the unfixable part of me that is constant pain. He purred and felt like a hot water bottle and his purr was medicine to my heart. This is so not fair. Everyone was over joyed at his return.

Bless that big red man's big red heart.

oh just cries. Giving him up once was asking too much. I told the Mama (the home with three children mama and a cat named Puglsy that really really needs a playmate) that I would cover the neuter cost and everything else..i can't give him to another stranger.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I talked with my son last night. He didn't say no. In fact his smile kind of said yes to me. Soooooo this morning I took Little Bear in for a feline leukemia test and that was a negative HORRRAY and I set up a neuter date. After that I took him over to fingers crossed on both hands his future GOOD home. The Mama seemed pleased. Their cat didnt' hiss, and seemed curious in a good way. Baylee and the baby were please obviously because they know little bear. Mama even said she liked his name which pleased me to no end. I said this is just a test. IF he makes you all as happy as he has made my home, I promise to always be his back up. Anytime, any place, anywhere for any reason.

So hoping beyond hope, and feeling terribly sorry for myself and Sancho and Ressie. Once again he will be dearly missed, but there is no way I will feel apprehensive about this home.

amberdyan

Yay! I followed his little story and was sad when his home didn't work out. I'm glad that he might get to stay in the family!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Quote from my message this morning. Best news ever. THe Mama wrote" And little bear and pugsley are playing right now running all over having a grand old time. When I got home I fed him some baby food he gulped down the whole jar. Then I reminded him where the water and little box was again. Its so funny pugs is running little bear chasing. They are playing come get me hide and seek."

Poor ol Grampy Sancho walked across the room this morning doing his kitten call...prrrttt , it's a very soft sound.

THank you for rooting for this baby with me. While we were at the vet someone brought in a crate of lovely feral kittens. THey were redirected to another shelter "IF they have room". We don't. THat is everywhere. So Little Bear is incredibly lucky.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I have resized and saved this pic three times trying to correct the size..i know not what is wrong with photobucket. Sorry

PUglsy knew not what to think too at first. I tried to tell my son he was seeing double when he came home and found kitten there. Pugsly is so little. SHe was very ill as a kitten and I think it affected her growth. SHe is very pretty and I think they will make a handsome couple.
He seemed pretty darn relaxed from the get go. Stretched out in the hall and played while she looked at him. I did see a bit of swagger too, I think he knew this was going to be home
AT twelve weeks he is almost her size. [

I think mine had a sit in protest all night last night.
THey stayed right there, and it was chilly too.

Baylee has been asking Daddy for a horse..a real live horse for Christmas. I told them they could name that kitten Pony. THe Mama says she likes Little Bear. That makes me happy because it really to me, suits him.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ME toooooo Barb,
Getting back to paying attention to each other.

They were the best foster parents a Little Bear could have ever hoped for. HE is very happy with PUgsly and are playing. Daddy is happy with Little Bear and likes that the kitten rests on his shoulder. He has been reported to be very purry and snuggly.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I saw Little Bear in his new home this evening. I Noticed he was being a bit rough with PUgsly and she was being a bit too polite about it. He has forgotten his Grampa Sancho's lesson about that. Pugsly needs to put him in a head lock too. She is so little that even at 12 or 13 weeks, he is almost as big as she is. I held him and he purred and purred so that is a good thing too. I wiped some tears, I do truly miss him in a way that makes no sense., but they were happy tears too that I will never have to worry about a thing in his future care. My son has dubbed him Mowgli. My grandson says "I am going to call him little bear little bear FOREVER". I said you better call him what Daddy named him, but I whispered in his ear, "at bed time you tell Mowgli, that Nana will always love the little bear, just like she loves you. Forever, and ever and always. And then kiss him good night for me." He promised he would.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Little Bear is here on my lap purring loud and strong. He is having a sleep over before he goes to the vet in the morning for his surgery. When I picked him up my grandson who is 5 said "little bear comes in my room at night and gives me his love. Does he have to go tonight?" I don't think anyone there wanted him to leave before morning. I confess I did want to see what he would feel about his old gang, and I don't want to fight the traffic in the morning. It is a straight shot from here and we have to be there by 8 am.

I brought him in and opened the door of the crate. Pepper was halfway in with exuberant kisses. Sancho was patting him on the back gently wt8i his foot saying his prrrt. He was a little overwhelmed for about a minute.

ahh his purr still has a squeak,

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

I won't say I was most grateful for this THanksgiving day, but I will say it was way far up on my thankful list. I have had many fosters, and seen them on their way with good wishes. This one however, I still tear up when I leave him, a little sorry for myself, but so hugely happy for him, for his new family, for the relief of not hiding a fugitive that is no on my lease while having a helicopter landlord. I still get to see him, and he holds no grudge toward me, just purr squeaks to let me know I am still a bit special to him too. He has grown so much so FAST! Their other cat is a doppelganger, but she is an itty bitty kitty. He will be larger than her in a month I bet.

HIs new mama.

My son and grandson, his new Daddy and one of his three siblings that he divides his attention to. He and PUgsly are good friends and now play and groom each other. So he is one super lucky kitten. If it could only be so for them all.

sorry bout the super large pics. I keep resizing on photobucket but for some reason it stays the same size. I give up.

His transition cardboard castle home has been retired. I can't recommend that enough for a foster kitten so he or she can have a home away from home. Served it's purpose well.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I was able to visit Little Bear on my Birthday! HE is a happy, confident melt kitten. He is growing fast too.

I think he is looking just great.

Members online

No members online now.