Please don't keep his dog!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Our neighbor recently lost his beloved pit bull, Snoopy. His roommate left the gate open and she ran out of the yard. Snoopy has been gone for several days, and there has been no sign of her. She was wearing a collar and tags. Our neighbor has been searching up and down the neighborhood every day. No answers to the newspaper ad, and nothing at the local animal shelters. We live in the suburbs, and it's very unlikely she was hit by a car.

Snoopy is incredibly sweet dog. She'd just walk up to people and ask for a belly rub. She also had great manners and listened well. Our neighbor is convinced that someone just found her and decided to keep her. At this point, I have to agree.

Why do people do this? Our neighbor is worried sick about his baby. And she had a collar, it's obvious that somebody misses her. I hope somebody feels guilty and helps Snoopy come home.

I would be putting the room mate out and telling him don't come back till you have snoopy with you..

I really hope he finds his baby.

Athebeau

Sometimes it's not done on purpose. I found my Dobe mix on the side of the road, malnourished and in poor health. I tried to find his owners, posted on the radio and newspaper. It turned out that Beau's owner was an elderly women who died, a few days later worried relatives came to check up on the women and when they came in Beau escaped. They posted on the radio and put picutes up to find him...we missed each other. I never heard or saw their ad's and they never heard or saw my ads. I posted at one store and they posted at one about a block away etc. I had Beau for about a 3 months when a man was in picking up his wifes dog, he asked about Beau as he seemed to look like a dog one of his co-workers was looking for....it was Beau. He notified the relative who was just as happy that he had a home and didn't want anything more to do with him.
All I can suggest to your friend is keep on posting pictures and rewards. Notify the local animal shelter...vets, newspaper...every radio station etc. It happens quite often and I have seen it happen. We ended up with a few purebred dogs at the clinic I worked at, we tracked the owners down by microchip number...we never heard the radio announcement looking for these dogs.
I feel bad for your neighbor, and I have been on the other end where I have been the person who finds the dog and could never contact the owner. As for tags, my Rottie (I don't know how) always loses her rabies tag every year :rolleyes: They can come off, perhaps your neighbors dog lost his tags. If not;sometimes people call the local Vet offices (the vet on the rabies tag) and the vet clinic can trace the owner down with the tag number.

That's so sad :( I hope the poor baby gets reunited with his owner!!

Last summer, my dog Rosco jumped the fence and went running after a squirrel. I live near a mall and some guy opened up his car door and Rosco jumped right in and the guy took him home. I searched for hours upon hours upon hours. I live near a really busy road and I went up and down fearing I'd find his body. It was seriously the worst night of my life. I called every person imaginable to say he was missing, animal control, every humane society, shelter, vet office, local police, county police, state police. The next day, I received a call from a shelter that my dog had been found and he was still at the guy's house.

What really scares the crap out of me is that this girl that was friend's with the guy is the one that called the shelter to say he had my dog. He wasn't going to call and he was going to keep Rosco!!!!!!!!!!! It's a cruel world that we live in, and hopefully your friend's dog comes home! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for his safe homecoming!

My old Lab took off one night by digging under the fence. I looked and looked and nothing. I called Animal control, and they said they had no yellow Labs. I called again the next day, and they said there were no yellow Labs there. I don't know why, but something told me to go look the next day at lunchtime.

He had been there since before I called the first time! I was so pissed. I walked around a few minutes and the phone rings and this guy picks up the phone. He was the same one I talked to before at least one of the times I called. After he got off the phone, I point to my dog and say, "Hey, what kind of dog is that?" He says, "It's a yellow Lab". I got up into his face and say, "AND HE'S BEEN HERE TWO DAYS! WHY HE HELL DID YOU TELL ME YESTERDAY ON THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED, AND PROBABLY THE DAY BEFORE, THAT YOU HAD NO YELLOW LABS HERE?" "Uhh, uhh, I thought it was a Golden Retriever!" I just looked at him for a long time, and said, "Just get him out of there, so I can go home before I get myself into trouble!" Thirty six bucks to spring him, and it wasn't the last time. Every time he took off, I checked instead of calling.

Members online