Cassie finally responded to my email about her cat

nancy2394

This is what I got in response to the email I sent her about her cat:

so i guess you are never going to talk to me again, even though you don't know what situation i was in when you had Arielle call me? if you care to know you know how to reach me.

I responded with:

All I know is the situation you put me in with your cat. I am truly traumatized by what I saw and will forever remember that day. And it could have been prevented had you just done the right thing and taken care of the cat. I'm sorry for whatever situation you were in at the time when arielle called you but how does it have anything to do with what already happened with the cat? I don't wish anything bad on you but I am really upset with you and nate. You both had a responsibility to that cat and you both failed at providing it.

The problem I have now is that I truly am angry and upset with her and her husband. But I have a very close bond with their children. I had her brand new baby girl that I saw born for most of the first 4 months of her life because Cassie had the post partum blues so bad. So, that baby thought I was her momma for a while. I miss the kids and to be honest... I miss the relationship I had with them as a whole.

But I just can't see myself forgiving them and I know it is the christian thing to do. And even if I were to ever forgive them, our friendship would never be the same again and I don't know that I even want to let her break the ice with me because I always seemed to be easily sucked in with people. I know she's a terrible pet owner... but she's not a terrible person as a whole if that makes any sense. I am just so incredibly upset with them it's not funny.

I just don't know what do to about this. If I give in and forgive her then it's almost as though I am saying "oh it's okay what happened" Which is not how I feel. Then if I don't forgive her I'm not being christ like.

She doesn't know it but the humane society is gonna do a few trips to her house to see if she is being a better pet owner with the dog she still has. I'm not afraid to tell her I was the one that turned her in... she deserved it. If it makes her be a better pet owner then it was worth it.

Well, I guess I am done being wishy washy about this. At this point I just can't call her.... even though I am so scared something terrible has happened to one of her kids who I love dearly. What to do, what to do....... :confused:

nancy2394

I'm not sure how to put in the link to the two previous threads about this. But the first thread on the cat story right now on page 7... it says "a terrible tragedy that could have been prevented" The second thread is right now on page 2.. it says "the humane society was not helpful"

Members online

No members online now.