Anyone bring a dog into Heathrow airport? or just travel internationally..

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
The whole process once I arrive in London is what is stressing me the most.

There is a center 15 minutes from the airport where the pets are delivered. How do they get there?? How do I get there? What will he be doing? How long does checking them out even take??

Also, once all the paperwork is done and endorsed...what do I do with it? Keep it with me? Does it need to be with his crate? Are they going to take it?

THIS
IS
SO
STRESSFUL

JacksonsMom

I wonder if any of the US competitors that have been to Crufts have blog posts about it? I would poke around but I'm on my phone.

Rosanne and Strafe went this year. Tori and Rev went last year.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
There will be a shuttle or golf cart thing you can get to the pick up center.
In my experience they have let my dogs out the crate into a kennel to check that they are doing ok and give them some water and also to check you are not smuggling anything else in the crate.

They make it pretty easy and the folk at the pick up and drop off are super nice and helpful.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Thanks guys, I called the center and feel a lot better about it all :) they were so nice! And seem to really care about the animals coming in, which makes me feel 1000% better.

Now if I could stop writing notes/taping things to his crate like a crazy person... lol

Members online

No members online now.