AAC questions!

krissy

With summer's first run I decided to just run in, do a sequence of about 6 obstacles, then run out and thank the judge.

This last trial I entered chances which was way too much distance work for us at this point so I just rna past the line.

I think the important thing is making it a positive experience.
Absolutely. That's basically what I think I'm going to do. And especially if it is FEO no one should care if I do just half of the course, or even a totally random course... though I'm entering her in Starters courses so we've definitely done a lot harder stuff on our own... that should make things better. I'm also hoping to take her to drop in first... run her a couple of times to take the edge off, then she can nap for a bit until the trial starts. Whatever works within what they'll allow.

At almost all of our trials (AAC), they let people take their dogs into the ring and do the three contact obstacles twice, early in the morning before the trial starts. It is just open to people in the Starter's classes. (teeter, dog walk and A-frame).

The very last trial I had Kiska in before I retired her as she was not enjoying it, she froze at the start line and I asked the judge if I could pick her up to get her started and she said yes, I could run her FE0. Kiska did well in the indoor trials, got Q's in Jumpers, Gamblers and Snooker, her first trial indoors but as we only have one indoor trial a year, I retired her as outdoors she just froze on me.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Isn't that obstacle familiarization? That's not allowed anywhere in the Maritimes so I just assumed it was an overall all. Strange!

Members online