Good dogs

GoingNowhere

Boo has excellent house manners and in that sense is the epitome of what one would want in a "good dog." She really has no bad house habits with the possible exception of sneaking onto the couch at night. She does have some reactivity with people which excludes her from the "ideal family dog" title, though.

My old dog had fewer house manners, but would have been much more apt for the "ideal family dog" title. She countersurfed, begged, and barked more than Boo, but she was also the dog who was an absolute saint with any and all people, regardless of what was done to her. Just a more bombproof dog all around.

Between the two, I would have sent a Belle-clone to a "2-kids-and-a-white-picket-fence" family far sooner than a Boo-clone.

gilles

Bono my 8 years bichon is almost perfect.i worked on him hard to be that way. he is good with dogs and people and is not destructive, has a tendency to bark but will shut up when asked to. at night he is very quiet. he sleeps most of the time. he is starting to dislike little kids, no biting but he just has no patience with them.
Volka my 7 months CAO is nearly perfect given his breed: extremely gentle with kids and other dogs especially small dogs, very friendly and is much less destructive than before. i must say that i am working on him pretty hard. he barks at night but not much , he will stop once taken inside. he tends to be stubborn but much less than before. his basic only problem is that he can be overly protective at times and will display aggressive attitude only when he feels a threat especially during night walks, he seems to ignore my commands while he is in the "protection" mode. his other problem is that he is too big and too strong and handling him sometimes require lots of effort.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Should add that Roxie naturally has a good temperament. You can do anything with her- go see a band at the park, fireworks, parties, she would probably be cool hanging out at a nursing home or child day care if she was allowed to lick everyone. She's a pretty solid dog, just has anxiety that can be hard to deal with sometimes.

That's what I meant by here being a reason for her getting returned. Her anxiety and need to lick everyone, especially in stressful situations. But I handle her really well and it's not a big deal.

Toller_08

Journey is a naturally easygoing dog. Loud noises, chaos, kids, etc. don't bother her at all. She has also never been mischievous in a troublesome way. She is really easy to gt along with and a pleasure of a house dog and always has been. The bad manners she has are a direct result of me not enforcing anything different (she jumps on people sometimes, but mainly me and friends so I have kind of given up, and she mooches for food and she is bad about crowding in the kitchen). With that said though, while I would place her in the naturally good dog category in many ways, she is also a lot of dog as well. She is pushy, in your face and very physical. Which could all turn a little negative depending on who raised her I am sure. She also can be rather impulsive and she gets easily overstimulated around excitement and other dogs running/having fun. It isn't a problem for me (the only place I really need to work on it is Flyball), but for an average pet person, I can imagine that she would become a little more obnoxious and fixated. All in all though, she has been the easiest dog to raise and live with since day one.

Dance is not a naturally easy dog. She is fearful, easily startled, often really bitchy with other dogs, takes a long time to make people friends, is super mischievous and sneaky, obsessed with food and eating to a ridiculous point, eats fabric bedding and clothing so bedroom doors must remain shut, doesn't really care all that much about pleasing her people snd is super independent minded, etc. She is a good dog and is easy to live with, but it's not been without quite a bit of effort, and she still has certain quirks that will never improve any more I don't think. I used to think she was a fairly easy dog haha. That was until I actually raised a truly easy dog and realized that in retrospect, Dance has actually been rather challenging in many ways. One of my most challenging.

Ripley is a fairly naturally easy dog. He hates to upset anyone or anything, so always tries his best to be a good boy. He doesn't get into trouble usually, and if he does, it's because his sisters framed him haha. He obeys rules too well. Sometimes I wish he would think a little more for himself lol. Even as a puppy he was really good. His adolescence was a little rough though. Thankfully he grew up! But yeah, all in all, he was very easy. Even now he really doesn't have bad manners. He can be a little forcefully needy as far as affection, but that's more annoying than anything.

Keira was not and will never be a naturally good dog. In some ways she is. She can go anywhere and everywhere with ease. But from day one she's been an enormous challenge and was a nightmare of a puppy. She is good now, but still has her frantic, naughty moments. Definitely not an easy dog at all to raise, anew dependingr on who you are, sometimes still isn't an easy dog to live with.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Chloe is the best behaved and best natured dog I've ever had next to our Silky Terrier Princess that I grew up with (they have VERY similar personalities). She really never does anything bad, and never has since the day we got her. She occasionally barks if she sees an animal or kids outside but usually quiets down quickly when asked to. She loves people especially kids and is a saint even when the kids are too much. She is great with other dogs and really just goes with whatever you throw at her honestly. Very much a "go with the flow" type of dog. Just well behaved, listens, sweet, likes to play but is happy to laze around when you are, etc, etc. She is my perfect dog. I wish I could clone her.

Violet honestly is a very good dog. She doesn't get enough credit for that. She was definitely a naughty puppy but even that was short lived. Her only problem is getting too excited and worked up when we have company. She jumps, runs around, scratches people accidentally, gets hair all over them. She is only that way when we have guests. She loves people though so at least she is a friendly and annoying instead of aggressive. Other than that she really is a well behaved dog. Great and laid back in the house unless you rile her up like my dad and brother do occasionally (grr) and really doesn't chew anything up or do anything bad. She did when she was younger (only if left out alone over night) so we do crate her, but honestly there have been so any times where we forgot to crate her and she just goes in her crate by herself. I will come downstairs in the morning and she will be in her crate with the door open and she hasn't done a thing. Left to her own devises EVERY night and she may find some trouble but generally no. She has been housebroken since she was 9? weeks old. Like...going to the door and waiting to go out housebroken, not just "didnt have accidents cause I took her out every hour". She was kind of a genius puppy in that regard. Never had an accident since except one diarrhea blow out but that was definitely not her fault.

Honestly I really have great dogs. But Chloe definitely just has that "good" personality. Violet has a pretty naughty personality that we have tamed over time lol!

RBark

Got Floof?
Kobe's the perfect family dog. Playful and cheerful, but aloof. He doesn't have a need to constantly be the center of attention, and has no real impolite behaviors. The one he does have, jumping on people, is largely because I've subconsciously encouraged it because I think it's cute and **** it if you enter my house you have to get knocked on your butt as a rite of passage.

Seriously though I've left him home alone for 12+ hours and came back to the house in perfect condition, with him having free roam of the whole house.

Hell, I've placed the Nature's Balance roll in a place that is easy for him to get to (he can open doors, both room and cabinet ones) so he can snack on it whenever he feels like.

I love him :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Journey is a naturally easygoing dog. Loud noises, chaos, kids, etc. don't bother her at all. She has also never been mischievous in a troublesome way. She is really easy to gt along with and a pleasure of a house dog and always has been. The bad manners she has are a direct result of me not enforcing anything different (she jumps on people sometimes, but mainly me and friends so I have kind of given up, and she mooches for food and she is bad about crowding in the kitchen). With that said though, while I would place her in the naturally good dog category in many ways, she is also a lot of dog as well. She is pushy, in your face and very physical. Which could all turn a little negative depending on who raised her I am sure. She also can be rather impulsive and she gets easily overstimulated around excitement and other dogs running/having fun. It isn't a problem for me (the only place I really need to work on it is Flyball), but for an average pet person, I can imagine that she would become a little more obnoxious and fixated. All in all though, she has been the easiest dog to raise and live with since day one.
This lol
they are certainly siblings!

He is a good dog, easy going in the house, not a barker etc..
BUT he needs his exercise and a walk around the block just wouldn't cut it

Members online

No members online now.