How much do your dogs like each other?

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Paris ADORES Seamus but he's very indifferent about her. :p They do play sometimes and curl up near each other, but they don't really snuggle or anything. When I first brought Paris home Seamus was like NOPE NOPE NOPE but he's actually come around a lot. I have seen him initiate play with her.

This pretty much sums up their relationship. :p

Sally, similarly, adored Seamus and he was also pretty indifferent about her too.

I don't really have any absolute, die hard best buds except for Elsa and Shambles. They are married and do every thing together. They practically never stop playing. Quarter after 1 in the morning and they're wrestling hard.

Every one else is eh. Smalls and Magpie will every once in a while play with Shambles, but Jonas and Jack pretend he does not exist and they basically avoid each other. Shammy loves all dogs, but he knows they merely tolerate that he exists. Jonas is fine with Smalls and Jack, because they were here before him. He cares not for Magpie or Elsa.

Jack wishes Elsa was dead and vice versa.

Toller_08

My dogs all like eachother. None of them are dependent on one another and could definitely all live without one another, but they're all bonded to some extent and really enjoy eachother's company.

Dance and Journey can be kind of bitchy with one another sometimes. Dance is kind of irritable at times and is inconsistent with her rules. Sometimes she's ok with shenanigans and then two seconds later she gets mad, so Journey gets angry back, but it's nothing more than a quick snark between the two. They play together and seek eachother out for snuggling and get along perfectly fine 99% of the time. Ripley loves both of the girls and they also really enjoy him. There is never any tension between them and him at all, probably because he's a boy. Both girls play with him and snuggle with him and really like him a lot, and he's super respectful of both of them and actively seeks out their company. As a trio they're a little bit awkward when like two are playing and somebody is left out, but yeah, all in all they are a great little pack and get along super well.

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
Snoop Dogg and Ditte get along well. They sleep on the bed together and play bitey face for the most part. They walk together on a Y-leash super well. Around the house they will mount each other trying to express dominance but Snoop can pretty much ignore the baby girl. He is bigger and pretty chill for the most part. She is the instigator more often than not. Strangely, no guarding of food between them but they aren't real fond of eating anyway. The little girl will want to have what ever the boy has to chew or play with even if there is an identical item available. He lets her have it then goes and finds the other one and she wants that one now :rolleyes:. They can share both ends of a rawhide chew stick like a strand of spaghetti in "Lady & The Tramp" (adorable :lol-sign: ). Both are VERY jealous of each other when it comes to attention from us.

They are buds.

-Mark.

SpringerLover

Buzz enjoyed everyone. He liked dogs to snuggle with but as he and Bailey aged, Bailey wanted to snuggle less. Buzz was good as gold, he liked and got along well with everyone.

Bailey doesn't like to cuddle with anyone but people now (and it's been this way for the last 5ish years). I don't think she'd mind cuddling with a dog who would do just that and not step on her or annoy her, haha. Bailey is currently the black sheep. We are figuring out how to set up my apartment with Fort Bailey for this winter because she is not safe around my cats. Oh Bailey.

Gabby is also good as gold, but in a different way. She actually likes to initiate play with some dogs, though infrequent. She and Buzz got along fabulously, because they were so much alike. Gabby gives Bailey a wide berth.

None of these current dogs play with each other (Diego included) but they can all co-exist peacefully with some management.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Watson feels that we brought home Menchi just for him, from day one. He likes to think he calls the shots though (Menchi occasionally pops that bubble for him when he is being overly annoying).

They love to play together and run together. Snuggling only happens rarely when Watson decides to lay next to or curl up to Menchi, because he is a butt about his space.

Menchi is often very tolerant of Watson's antics. She lets him patiently clean her face for example. The only time she gets really irritated is when he gets up in her grill while she is trying to sleep and he decides he is a bored dog and starts poking her. (Watson did not get the memo that he shouldn't poke the badger).

They are buds...if the is a tiff all is quickly forgotten and forgiven after a few moments.

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
I am always trying to figure out O and Lars' relationship...and I think it's usually in a state of flux. We have had one fight between them where we've had to pull them off of each other where we couldn't break them up verbally. They have had other scuffles where there was a lot of noise and a scrape or two on the face but we were able to yell at them and they broke it up. I can count on two hands over the past three years where they've duked it out. They will probably have more...but it's been about 3 months since they have had a "disagreement." Disagreements usually involve toys that the other has and we aren't close enough to them to facilitate a trade.

For the most part, they tolerate each other pretty well. They are not "buddies" but I think they like having the other around. Outside Lars and O will play and chase each other...play doesn't happen inside the house. I find that interesting. They are together more than apart and when we're home, they are loose together. So, we haven't had to do crate, gate, and rotate yet and I would prefer to keep it that way considering they are both intact males.

This is as close as they will get to each other...and this only happens once in a blue moon.

They will sit next to each other if I ask them to...but the above couch pic is all on their own. I'll see it again sometime next year. LOL

Zane gets along best with Abby. They zoom around the pasture with each other and as long as their is no food/bones around all is fine. He sucks up to Deputy, but they just pretty much exist with each other. He tolerates Kieber and will sometimes play fetch along side him (Zane will catch the toy and then allow Kieber to take it).

Abby loves to zoom around and play with Zane. She loves to groom Deputy and will also zoom/play with Kieber. She has her own part of the house due to her attempting to kill a cat. She is a very aloof dog and prefers to be by herself.

Deputy used to interact with the other dogs more before his Dementia. He is so erratic the others don't really know what to do with him. They treat him the way people treat a very old person.

Kieber has no concept of polite interaction. He will jump in any dogs face and all of his interactions have to be monitored. He loves to play with Abby and Zane. Deputy is more like a babysitter.

Didgie and Traveler love eachother. Didgie loves to sprawl on top of him and he's usually willing not to move but he isn't huge on cuddling. But they LOVE to play with eachother like crazy. They are loud and rough and violent when they play and they both adore it.

Traveler and Fergus had a rough start and it's taken awhile to level out but in the last month or so they've really started getting along and actively seem to like eachother. Traveler initiates play a lot and they love to run together.

Fergus and Didgie? He absolutely adores her. She usually wants him to go jump off a cliff. She really liked him at first but he thinks "No" means "Yes" and "Get lost" means "Take me, I'm yours." so she's been getting kinda tired of him.

She does enjoy beating him up outside though. That always seems to brighten her day.

Hudson would like to live with other dogs that he could cuddle and wrestle with. When my parents come to visit, or we go visit them, Hudson would love to besties with their dog. Their dog would like him to crawl into a hole and die. If my sister's dog is added to the mix it gets more complicated. Hudson and my sister's dog like to run and wrestle, but my sister's dog gets a little too excited and aroused by the play, so they have to be separated for a cool down period.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Cobain tolerates everyone else. I'm fairly certain that he's convinced he is of higher standing on the evolutionary plain than the rest of them. Though when he hasn't seen Oz in a while he will show moderate happiness about seeing him.

Oz + Cobain = Mostly ignore each other. When we brought Cobain home Oz would try to cuddle with him, he quickly gave up when he realized that Coby wouldn't let that happen. After long periods of separation Oz will occasionally try to initiate play.

Oz + Rigby = Used to get along great before Ruby. Will still occasionally play, but usually only if Ruby is not around. Rigby polices him on off-leash hikes to ensure that he doesn't wander off.

Oz + Ruby = Get along great. Play for hours very quietly.

Rigby + Ruby = It's getting better. When Ruby first came home there were a few altercations which I think has affected their relationship now. Rigby will try to initiate play and Ruby will often grumble and walk away. Except in mornings, Rig & Ru will play tug with each other. Rigby will drop a toy on her head until she takes it.

Rigby + Cobain = Rigby is the only dog that Cobain will allow to cuddle her. He puts up with a lot more annoying behaviour from her than any other dog. And he looks out for her when we're out. She is very bonded to him.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Well....mostly this:

art by babyblue5290, on Flickr

Talon's play style was far too rambunctious for Art and he didn't like how Talon had no idea were his body was being flung lol But Talon is really starting to learn to play a bit easier so they've started actually playing now. :)

Bunny82

Marley's initial reaction to my getting Jet was, "He must die now!" At first they were not allowed in the same room together. Then it became a gradual adjustment to separate rooms at meal times. Now they sleep together. They share food. They play together. They bounce off each other and are pretty much best friends.

monkeys23

Lily would be tickled pink to be the only dog in my life again.

That said, she is very bonded to Scout and takes good care of her. Even if she can be bitchy and guardy about things like waiting for me to scoop food. She's that way toward every dog though and it just takes regular maintenance of impulse control work.

She adores my parent's BC and she is the one dog he truly loves to all out play with. Its adorable.

She loves my friend's dog Chicago whom we periodically babysit. He can be a jerk hound to everyone at times, but overall they've lived big chunks of their lives together happily. They play a LOT, as do he and Scout. I would say he and Scout are more bonded than he and Lily.

Scout is unhealthily in love with Lily and her other close dog friends (primarily Chicago, my parent's dog, and Lynley). She is always willing to concede the point which is probably why Lily likes her as much as she does. Sometimes she gets over-aroused by housemates/friends and won't stop barking even when I interrupt her (this is MUCH less frequent these days), so for example my parent's BC will loudly air snap. Its weird because its like that part of regulating Scout has become part of the three of theirs' game... goofy dogs!

She doesn't live in this area anymore, but my good friend's dog Lynley is pair bonded to Lily. Luckily we've been able to get them together a couple times a year. She let him overnight with us last time she and her hubby came to visit. Zero adjustment period despite how long it had been. :)

k9krazee

I feel very lucky that Jack and Crossbone get along so well.

Jack is not very dog-savvy. He had always lived with other dogs but has never played with, layed next to or enjoyed the company of another dog.

Their first meeting, Jack was PLAYING with Crossbone. Rolling on the ground, very relaxed and not awkward at all.

They've been BFFs since. The wrestle, play tug, cuddle together and are excited to see each other after being separated.

Members online

No members online now.