Show me your car set up

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
I actually have a newer car than this setup is in (this was in a 2007 Honda Pilot, I now have a 2012 Pilot), but the idea is the same. I like having smaller dogs LOL. I also have a hammock in the middle seats, but I only use that for really short trips. For longer ones where I'm taking all three, I just throw another Vari Kennel in the middle seats.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
No pictures because it's not very exciting... I have two N2N crates and they go back to back in the backseat of my Impala. They *just* fit. If all three dogs go, the boys ride in one crate together and Georgie by herself; all four dogs means two boys in one and two girls in another. But Pepper pretty much never goes in the car. Only twice have I ever doubled up both crates and Georgie is three...
It will not work when I get a fourth dog, it just won't.

Stuff all goes on the floor underneath the crates or in the massive trunk. I keep two folding lawn chairs and three wire crates in the trunk at all times, along with the crate bowls, spill-proof bowl we use in hotel rooms, and crate covers. Everything else I bring inside and re-pack when I'm going somewhere to protect it from the crazy Midwestern temps.

I may or may not be buying a new car this weekend for a better setup... still undecided.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
This is an older photo, from when I first got my variocage over a year ago, but the setup is the same, just with more stuff crammed into the wheel wells. ;) Will try and get updated pics soon.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I will post pictures when I get some, but essentially I drive a little GTI.
I have a Kurgo Wander Hammock (LOVE!), Siri is crated in a plastic crate behind the passenger seat (turned sideways, not front facing, so I can just pull the drivers seat forward and she can put herself in the crate), and Frodo is seatbelted right behind the driver's seat.

My trunk is full of agility things. Right now I have my travel contact board, 3 hoops, 2 jumps, a cone, 6 weave poles, um...I think that's it.

k9krazee

One of our favorite road trip cars is our Transit Connect, with only two front seats and the whole back open.

This is what it usually looks like when we're leaving town:

or this with a mattress:

Crossbone's crated and now that we have Jack, he lays on a dog bed. Except this last weekend, Jack insisted on riding on top of Crossbone's crate.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Nothing special.
2002 4 door beat up Cavalier.

I used to have the back seat flipped down and ties on the trunk to keep the dogs semi-secured.
Now that the crates basically live folded down in the trunk, the seat is up. Cheap Wal-Mart hammock in the back with a "GoFer Ride" seatbelt system.

And the trunk is covered in a variety of dog and zombie bumper stickers....just because.

SpringerLover

I have a Passat wagon. One wire crate sideways in the back on a platform. Diego's ramp leans against the crate because it doesn't fit under the platform. Stuff hangs from the crate and stuff is next to it and stuff is under it. Crate is secured to the platform. I also have a hammock seat cover on the back seat. Gabby rides there seat belted in much of the time. If I have Bailey, she rides in the crate because she prefers it.

I have pictures somewhere...

DJEtzel

I love seeing all of the setups. Even the "not very exciting" ones- dogs and dog gear is fun to see packed into a car! lol

Really like seeing the spitz's in the back of the pilot - it looks so roomy and clean!

My car is currently a mess because I am remodeling it, but here are some previous set up pictures...

My car with no crates (a rare sight!) and seats folded flat.

Untitled by DJetzel, on Flickr

With two crates + storage space in the rear

With three crates and all my junk, this is how it usually looks...

Can't wait to get my car project done and post nicer, clean and organized pictures! lol

teacuptiger

floor dancer
This picture is so ancient lol, but this is just what we do. Shove the crate in the back of the van (it also fits if the seats are up, too!) and then store stuff around or on it.

And yeah, that crate is just for travelling. It sits in the garage on top of an old wire crate when not in use.

Matrix

Toyota Matrix purchased with a big dog in mind. I have two little ones. That's a 100 varikennel and a vaguely 28 x 20 wire side door. With this arrangement, I have a backseat!!

This summer, I decided the varikennel is a little small so I sold it, pulled out the platform, and put two 28 x 20 wire crates side by side. Lost the backseats. Oh well.

DJEtzel

Wanted to share a few of my car project... Took all of the seats out of the back, and it was harder than I anticipated...

DSC_0872 by DJetzel, on Flickr

DSC_0869 by DJetzel, on Flickr

Final platform insertion...

Then I couldn't get crates how I wanted them and I was bummed. Had this for a while...

But I picked up some new crates and played some more tetris last night and got exactly what I wanted! 4 crates in my car now + storage!

Members online

No members online now.