The dog musing/vent thread

Sekah

The Monster.
I'm not going to name names, but someone kicked me in the boob last night while practicing chest rebounds. It still hurts a surprising amount this morning. It's off limits, much to my husband's chagrin.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Buddy had diarrhea in his crate a day or two after I left (why does this stuff NEVER happen when I am here!) I mean full on paint the walls cannon butt, thank dog he had a cover on his crate or else it really would have been a mess!!! I had to throw his bedding away & put something else in there in the mean time til I can buy something else which WILL be lined with nylon this time :/. I know it wasn't his fault :(, I was giving them a new supplement for their coats & I think that he couldn't tolerate it. But it sucks it happened when I wasn't here because if I had been I prolly would have woken up & could have let him out.

Buddy really doesn't do anything "bad", but my experience with him have made me come to the decision to be more selective about any future adult rescues I might have.

Josefina is a bitch with other dogs, I don't know if its because she was an orphan or what but she will "pick" at other dogs & I have to manage the crap out of her. But a while back she decided to make hell with Yumi (My folks shepherd/dobie mix female) she had no problems with the males (Bear & Buddy) so I guess all futurepuppies will have to be males as long as she is here, which is fine with me because I care more about the personality of the dog then the gender.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I left Rose outside in the rain for three hours last night on accident. Now I feel like a horrible person. Rose was all excited to be let back in. She's so quiet I just thought she was in the playpen asleep in her bed.

Bad owner. Mean to the sweetest dog.

Hillside

Original Twin
What does it say when you realize that your current bookmark for the dog training book you're reading is a piece of a sheet that your dog chewed up?

crazedACD

Buddy had diarrhea in his crate a day or two after I left (why does this stuff NEVER happen when I am here!) I mean full on paint the walls cannon butt, thank dog he had a cover on his crate or else it really would have been a mess!!! I had to throw his bedding away & put something else in there in the mean time til I can buy something else which WILL be lined with nylon this time :/. I know it wasn't his fault :(, I was giving them a new supplement for their coats & I think that he couldn't tolerate it. But it sucks it happened when I wasn't here because if I had been I prolly would have woken up & could have let him out.

Buddy really doesn't do anything "bad", but my experience with him have made me come to the decision to be more selective about any future adult rescues I might have.
You left your dog in a crate for two days, came home to diarrhea, and that irritated you to the point you wish you had a different dog? :confused:

Oko

Silence, peasants.
You left your dog in a crate for two days, came home to diarrhea, and that irritated you to the point you wish you had a different dog? :confused:
I think she left the dog with someone, not that he was in the crate for 2 days straight!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I'm feeling weirdly nervous about Cali's dental appointment tomorrow. She hasn't been under anesthesia since she was spayed, and although she did fine, I'm still worried! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if it wasn't for her... she has served as the light at the end of the tunnel for me on more than one occasion, and has sometimes been the one thing that keeps me going. Please send good vibes that she returns home happy with nice, pearly whites!

I think she left the dog with someone, not that he was in the crate for 2 days straight!
That's how I read it, too... that whoever was taking care of him didn't hear him and wake up to let him out, not that there was no one there TO let him out.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia freaking ROCKS at nosework! I mean really really rocks. I put her in a stay and by the time I had released her then walked the steps to the living room, she'd already found one of the hides.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Payton apparently forgot how to do weave poles.
One week before his trial.

Worst. dog. ever.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Cali is still at the vet, and we were told to call back at 1:30, so hopefully it went well and she is having an alright time there. When we left this morning, she was being cuddled by the vet while she was answering calls, so I'm sure a few vet techs took time on their breaks to cuddle her as well. She was so excited to be there though, she was whining and wiggling her butt the whole time.

I will just be so glad when she is home. My mom and I were both so worried on the way home and almost started crying. :p The atmosphere in the house right now is just weird, since usually she runs to the door to greet me after work and will lay on my lap while I wait for my lunch.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
You can tell it's getting to 90-100 degrees every day and we can't play outside by how Wesley is going all obsessive border collie on me and dropping his toys on my lap for me to throw over and over for him. Wth, he doesn't even like fetch lol.

Red.Apricot

I took a just-me-and-Elsie walk today, and man, did we need it. She was so pleasant the entire time; polite, attentive, relaxed... it was great.

Then, when we were almost home, we were approached by a loose standard dachshund, and she didn't bark, and when he went wiggly, she relaxed. I wasn't able to catch him, but my neighbor said he's loose all the time. :[

Anyway, I really, really love my dog. She's going to be three in October, and she's just perfect.

Oh, and one of my neighbors asked today if she's, 'One of them Belgian type shepherds,' which was cool.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I trimmed ALL of Lucy's nails on her front feet without her biting at my hands or pulling away screaming. She actually learned it could be a good thing today. I'm so happy! :D

Now hopefully we can make some headway on those talons. Lol.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I have started teaching Cali how to beg/sit pretty. She's catching on pretty quick, I think that once she is able to balance herself better, she'll be more willing to perform the trick without a lure.

On another note, Cali is getting her teeth brushed tonight and I am not sure how it will go. She is fine until she smells the toothpaste. I might just put her in the bathtub as though she's getting a bath and then she'll likely just stand calmly while I brush them.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Do you ever just realize you have the best dog you will ever have and that you're never going to have enough time with them? I keep finding my train of thought going that way and I try not to do that often. I want Mia forever more than anything.

Red.Apricot

Do you ever just realize you have the best dog you will ever have and that you're never going to have enough time with them? I keep finding my train of thought going that way and I try not to do that often. I want Mia forever more than anything.
All the time. :[

As Elsie matures I'm just more and more in love with her.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
I think I feel this way about all of my pets, but when it comes to Cali, I can't even fathom anything happening to her. She's a handful sometimes, but when it comes down to it, I adore her. When she went to get her teeth cleaned this week, the house was so quiet. She's such a character and it puts my stomach into knots if I even think about losing her.

For example, when the vet brought out the consent form for the anesthesia, I had to hold back tears because I knew there was always that chance.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Blaze has his first Speed Retrieve clinic in an hour. SO excited! My friend and I have been practicing for the last couple weeks with us holding the toy, working on spotting, etc. But tonight the trainer will have an actual SR device so no human will be holding the toy or helping with spotting. :D

So happy to be able to practice this outside of competitions!

Members online

No members online now.