2 pitties running loose.....

ACooper

in my neighborhood and I am very thankful our cops aren't like those in the video Miakoda posted!

I know I gripe about our cops on occasion, they do things bassackwards around here a big part of the time IMO, but today I am thanking the stars we have them instead of those Missouri cops on the video.

Two nice looking pitties were running loose, came right up in my yard, (I was carrying in groceries with Kevin) then crossed the street to visit with some toddlers who were out playing in the yard with their aunt. The dogs were LOVING the attention from the kids, they rolled over for belly rubs even, LOL

Meanwhile, a police cruiser pulled up. Somebody from another street apparently already called in the loose dogs, or the owner called it in looking for them. Either way, I had just watched Mia's video not long ago and my heart sank in my chest wondering what was going to go down :(

The pair got up from the kids and darted across the street (back on my side now) and went to the neighbor's to my left.........They had brought out two tupperwares full of water because the duo was panting like crazy. The dogs came right to them and drank. The officer got out of his car, he spoke nicely to the dogs and took one by the collar and the neighbor lady took the other. I was glued to the scene wondering what his plan was! (I went out to sit on the porch to 'keep an eye' on it just in case I might need to make a scene, LOL)

The officer talked into his radio, then proceeded to 'love on' the dog he was holding.......neighbor lady did the same to hers. A few minutes went by and a guy on a motorcycle pulls up. They were his dogs apparently, he leashed them, thanked everyone, and started off walking them home.

I have no idea if he'll receive a citation, but HOORAY for decent cops and neighbors who helped out!! They treated those two dogs the same as most people would treat a loose golden retriever or fluffy pup of some kind, they judged it based on the BEHAVIOR the dogs were showing, not just the breed of dog they were.........it did my heart good to see after that other video :)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Ohh... you know, it is so good to hear about cops who are decent and have common sense and feel like they are serving the community (and its animals) instead of terrorizing it.

That made my morning after watching Mia's video. Thank you :)

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Yay! So glad to hear that we still have people who do things the correct way. I'm glad they are back home. :)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I couldn't bring myself to watch that video---but am glad to hear the dogs in your neighborhood were handled well!

Glad to hear that, Coop :)

Now, have you called or are you going to write a letter to your police chief and thank him for the way those two handled it? ;)

I wouldn't mind thanking them myself :)

ACooper

I think a letter of thanks is a fine idea :) I have no clue what officer was on the job, but it doesn't really matter which one it was, I'd say the majority of our city officers would have handled it about the same.

Members online

No members online now.