Dog successfully cloned!

bubbatd

Good thoughts and thanks for the info. I hate to think of frozen embryos thrown away....but I can't think of babies torn from the womb for research. In miscarriages , I feel it would be like organ donation , which I do believe in.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
they shouldn't be messing with nature this way. it's kind of scary really. organ donation is one thing but recreation, an EXACT duplicate, is scary. anyone remember pet cemetary lol. sound familiar? :D

nedim

Saje said:
Did the cloned dog look like Peanut? Cuz she doesn't have any nipples or a belly button. :p

LOL, no clone can replace my little nippleless midget dog. :cool:

Buckshot

Stirder-THATS what I was trying to say but I took too many words to say it.

Melissa- I am very thick skinned and some of my best friends disagree with me on just about everything. You dont ever have to worry about offending me by disagreeing with my opinions-I welcome it.

Religion isnt the reason for my opinion on this subject, history is. Religion isnt why I am against abortions, someone close to me having one and regreting it all her life is why I am. People who believe there is a God should trust this god to dole out the punishment for the deeds of man, it isnt up to us. I, however am not religious and I will judge those who victimize me or my family accordingly. I wont vote for anything or anyone who wants to remove freedom from people or to give the government more range or power.

This may be one of those threads, where easily offended people may want to avoid

S

stirder

Pro, I totllay agree with your thoughts. the only time abortion should be an option is in a case where the mothers life is in dangered by carrying the baby. if the doctor comes to the mother and says "if you continue the pregnancy you will have a 50% chance of living." then the mother can decide if her life is worth giving up to bring the baby into the world or not, she can also find out what the babies chances are. Odds are if her chances are 50/50 of surviving, the babies odds arent 100% either.
for sake of argument religion doesnt even have to play a role here. yes it does play a role in my decision, I personally believe invitro is the same as an abortion. that depends on when you believe life begins, my belief is that life begins when sperm meets egg but I have never sat down for a one on one with god to ask him that question so of course you are all entitled to your opinions too, and they dont offend me.
an argument I make without bringing in religion is this: do you believe it is murder to kill an animal for its fur? "fur is murder"? if so then how can you say abortion isn't murder? just because it isnt born yet? any woman who has ever been pregnant can tell you that they feel a life inside them, the baby moves and kicks, in many cases it responds to certain noises songs tv shows and foods. those mothers know that life begins a long time before the baby is born, and a long time before partial birth abortions.
I am a man, but dont jump down my throat for being pro-life rather than womans choice. when I was 18 I had been dating the same girl for over 3 years. mid-way through senior year in high school she was suddenly very depressed. she finally told me that she had an abortion. she didnt tell me she was pregnant because she thought I would want her to have an abortion. then she got one and didnt want totell me about it because she realized that I would have done anything to provide for her and the child, even if we ended up not being together, married or whatever, I would have done anything to take care of the baby. we were irresponsible and got pregnant, I didnt know it and now I am partially responsible for what I consider murder. I have a son or a daughter who I will never meet, untill the afterlife. I was very upset but I told her right away that there was nothing for me to forgive. I in some way had lead her to believe that I would have pressured her to have an abortion. I was in atleast that way equally responsible so no I never blamed her. she however was very upset that I wasnt mad, I think she needed me to be mad at her because she couldnt forgive herself.
if you are not ready to have a child, dont have sex. if you are raped or mollested, give it up for adoption, babies get families before they are born. its older kids who get stuck in the system. if you are raped/mollested and are 12 or so (old enough to get pregnant but so young that a pregnancy would cause a lot of health problems, maybe even permanently) then abortion should be an option but it should opnly be done very early on.

Melissa_W

Pro, thanks for your response, it's quite refreshing!

Buckshot and stirder, I respect your opinions on the matter. I realize that there are women who have abortions and then regret it later. And I really feel for these women. However, I still feel that it should be the woman's choice, and if she makes the wrong choice, then it's just something she has to live with. I think my position on the matter stems from an ideology of non-interference from the federal government.

Here is a link that generally sums up my argument. It is long, but if you are interested in my opinion, they explain it better than I ever could.
http://www.alf.org/papers/abortion.shtml

Buckshot

Melissa_W said:
Pro, thanks for your response, it's quite refreshing!

Buckshot and stirder, I respect your opinions on the matter. I realize that there are women who have abortions and then regret it later. And I really feel for these women. However, I still feel that it should be the woman's choice, and if she makes the wrong choice, then it's just something she has to live with. I think my position on the matter stems from an ideology of non-interference from the federal government. QUOTE]

I said that Im against it and why, but Im not for laws regulating it. That will just open up underground facilities. I am also against burglary but I dont support laws against it, the same way I dont support laws against shooting burglers. I like justice in the hands of the victim. Its really a hell of a deterent. I love libertarians :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Abortion used as a "contraceptive" is wrong. Getting an abortion because you were stupid and got knocked up again and again is wrong. I mean just considering how much you can do to prevent pregnancy from happening. if you can't handle a baby don't have sex.

However I do think there are certain circumstances.Like Strider said if there is a danger to the mothers life. Also I think rape would be a pretty good reason. It's a horrible thought but how could anyone expect a girl to carry a baby that was created from something so traumatic. I couldn't imagine how that would feel.

I don't think it should be made illegal though. it will be just like way back when they used coat hangers. Women will get desperate. I don't think thats a good solution.

EDIT: LOL Buckshot i guess we posted at the same time. justice in the hands of the victim. I love it :D

Melissa_W

Buckshot said:
I am also against burglary but I dont support laws against it, the same way I dont support laws against shooting burglers. I like justice in the hands of the victim. Its really a hell of a deterent. I love libertarians :D
Are you being serious? If you are, that is a really interesting viewpoint. Libertarians tend to draw the line where the rights of others are violated.

sparks19 said:
I don't think it should be made illegal though. it will be just like way back when they used coat hangers. Women will get desperate. I don't think thats a good solution.
I definitely agree with you, sparks.

Last edited:

Buckshot

Yes, I am. I just dont draw the line there. I usually vote libertarian because they are what this country was founded on. They dont give politician answers to try to apease everyone. They believe that what I earn should be mine to do as I please. They believe in self defence. They believe you know whats right for your life better than some pasty face, talkin out the side of his neck, age spotted politician with a bad comb over. That being said I lean more toward the laws of nature than Libertarians, the law of the land prior to European influence. Like I said in another post, i was born centuries too late

Melissa_W

Wow, very interesting! It sounds like you are something like an anarchist? Is that what you consider yourself to be closest to?

Buckshot

Melissa_W said:
Wow, very interesting! It sounds like you are something like an anarchist? Is that what you consider yourself to be closest to?

ROFL Ya, I guess I could have saved us a lot of time by starting with explaining that :rolleyes:

S

stirder

Buckshot said:
I said that Im against it and why, but Im not for laws regulating it. That will just open up underground facilities. I am also against burglary but I dont support laws against it, the same way I dont support laws against shooting burglers. I like justice in the hands of the victim. Its really a hell of a deterent. I love libertarians :D
great outlook, are you my twin???

Members online

No members online now.