Purrl Bailey

Snark

Mutts to you
Lost Ms. Bailey yesterday, she would have been 17 on Sept. 11. Her health had been failing recently and it was time. We got her from a friend who had adopted her mother, a semi-feral stray who presented her with 3 kittens a couple of weeks later.
Bailey was our traveling cat, we took her with us on vacations; car rides and new places never fazed her. Her last trip was last Nov. when we took her up to Chicago to visit the friend who'd given her to us.
Bailey was known as the Criminal, she never showed remorse for anything she did, like walking up to Sis, talking, then sharpening her claws on the chair Sis was sitting on. When chastised, her ears would go sideways and Sis would get a look like, 'I just told you I was going to do that!'
We'd have company over for dinner and Bailey would suddenly appear on the table (which she never did during our usual meals), plunk herself down amidst the dishes and then look affronted when shooed away.
I couldn't have a conversation with Sis, without Bailey finding a nearby perch and swatting at me. She'd do that to other visitors as well. Sis was her person, no one else was allowed to talk to her.
We buried Bailey next to Emily, they had always been the best of friends.

Newly arrived in 1997

With Emily:

Helping Sis

RIP, Bailey, you'll be missed.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Sorry for your loss.

She was a real beauty of a cat. Nothing like a gorgeous tuxedo kitty.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
You put together a beautiful tribute both in words and photos. Majestic.
I hope the friends are basking in heaven's light across the bridge.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
She was such a gorgeous cat, her coat is amazing.

I truly sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

Members online

No members online now.