Sweet baby Resa

gapeach

Big Mutts
Our first foster has died. I failed her. I trusted the woman we adopted them to.
She called and told me Resa was sick, I told her to take her to the vet. She told me she couldn't get her there before they closed. I instructed her to take her first thing in the morning. I called to check on her and she told me Resa was much better. I told her they still needed vetting.
Evidentally Resa never got better. The woman claims she took her to the shelter but she stopped breathing when she was there. I think she's lying. Anyway she should have taken her to the vet not the shelter!!
I'm at a loss now and blame myself for not seeing through to this lady. Poor cuddly Resa RIP. I'm so very sorry I left you.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am so terribly sorry. ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS and HUGS))))))))))))))))))
I can imagine just how angry you are.
Little Kitten had a chance. That happend with a puppy I raised once, and honestly I still hope I never ever run into the people. HE would have been pick of the litter and 10 yrs later i am still angry.
I hope your kitten was scooped into the lap of an angel as soon as the bridge was crossed.

Barb04

Super Moderator
My heart goes out to you. You trust people who adopt to do right for their new family members, but it doesn't always happen. Know you are doing so much good and there are many good people out there waiting for a new family member. Hugs

gapeach

Big Mutts
Thank you Smkie and Barb. If she would have taken her to the vet she would of had a chance. She was the sweetest kitten, would let you hold her in your arms like a baby. We would have kept her, but she was terrified of Gracie.
The rescue and I are considering taking Penny back from the lady. If she wouldn't take Resa to the vet, what happens if Penny gets sick? If it was a money issue, the rescue would have paid. Also she knew she was supposed to have them getter as soon as she adopted them, that's why she wasn't charged a fee.
The whole ordeal is making me question if I can make sound judgements on home visits in the future. The rescue lady and I revised the fee issue after this. Now all getter cats will have a $25 adoption fee and ones who haven't been getter will be $70,prepaid to the vet.
I just wish we would have thought of it before.She didn't deserve this.
Resa will make some angel a very special lap kitty.

Members online

No members online now.