Sherman's "Adopt me!" thread!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Although Sherman is still on medical hold, I would love to have a home lined up for him once he's ready for adoption. Since I've recently come to the realization that he will not be a foster failure, it's time to find him his forever home!

Sherman is a 5.5 month old black Labrador pup. Good with dogs, cats, kids, small fuzzy things, you name it. Crate trained, working on house breaking, amazing, stable temperament. He is just the right combination of sweet/submissive and nonchalant/curious. He walks well on a leash, does great in public, and he's good for his baths/nail trims/general maintenance.

He LOVES PEOPLE. He would choose a human over a dog any day of the week. He wants to be at your heels, or in your lap being cuddled, at all times. Serious velcro dog. As he's gotten healthier and more accustomed to household living, he's become much more spunky and playful. His third favorite thing in the world (the first being people and the second being food) is to retrieve. You throw the ball, he'll bring it back no questions asked. For as young as he is, I'm amazed at his persistence with his retrieves and his ability to track the ball.

Cons: He's mouthy (immediately stops when you yelp if he chomps too hard), he likes to jump on things (we're working on that), he chews on objects that he shouldn't when he's not being closely supervised, and he isn't 100% housebroken yet.

Yes. Those are seriously his only cons. He is an AMAZING pup. He's been here two weeks and it feels like we've had him forever.

He will be neutered, up to date on vaccinations, chipped, medically cleared, and on HWP for adoption. There is an adoption fee to help cover these costs. Transport is available! He's currently located in southern Mississippi, but I frequently travel north to Indiana. The rescue he is with is nationwide and will place him pretty much wherever he needs to be.

He will NOT be ready to go to his new home for another 4-6 weeks while he continues to recover (he has improved so much in just these past two weeks!), but he'd love to have someone waiting for him when his time comes. Please share him with anyone you may think is interested, and you can PM me for details. :)

amberdyan

Agh. He's pretty much perfect for my aunt and uncle (they've been looking for a lab) but they are refusing to even consider puppies. They had a rough time with one of their current dogs as a puppy and will only look at dogs who are 2+. Blerg. Serious vibes that he gets a wonderful home- he sounds amazing.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Agh. He's pretty much perfect for my aunt and uncle (they've been looking for a lab) but they are refusing to even consider puppies. They had a rough time with one of their current dogs as a puppy and will only look at dogs who are 2+. Blerg. Serious vibes that he gets a wonderful home- he sounds amazing.
But he's a good puppy!! He's easier to maintain than Abrams is, and he's almost two. Lol Understandable, though, that they want an older dog.

Members online

No members online now.