Saving 40 Papillons

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
So a quick plug for something that just came up as help is needed.

On Wednesday I was notified of an upcoming dog auction that was a kennel liquidation of 40+ papillons in Oklahoma on December 7th. I clicked the link of the auction site and noted that there were a few kennel names I recognized. So after poking around with questions among the community is was decided with some controversy that the attempt would be made to purchase these dogs in the auction, return the ones to the breeders who wanted them, and place the rest through two rescues.

So this attempt needs some help.

First off - Money is needed and there isn't a ton of time to raise this money. Even a couple of bucks would be a help. There is a go fund me page http://www.gofundme.com/htt494 and a paypal account [email protected]

Secondly there is an auction page on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1517194575225647/

Thirdly, fosters and adopters are needed. The youngest of these dogs is a few months old and the oldest are just over 10. They are kennel dogs and have the baggage that comes with that. If you are interested in fostering/adopting you can email [email protected]

Finally - This auction is happening and there is nothing we can do about that. It's not illegal - the breeders who are affected are aware of it and doing what they can about it. So please don't call the auction house, the kennel owner, the police, or Ellen (who is a giant peta supporter).

Please don't go to the auction. It just drives up bidding.

I realize purchasing dogs who are up for auction is controversial but if it was one of yours could you stand by and do nothing? The community decided that we couldn't in this case and to that affect will do what we must to save these 40+.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for helping/sharing/caring if you can.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Do you have any information about the breeders/lines these dogs are from?

I know the cav community did something similar recently. It's a rough spot and a no-win situation. Poor dogs though.

ETA: Looking at kennel names on those dogs. WOW! Is all I can say.

Man this sucks.

Last edited:

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
There seems to be a divorce sale going on.

Rescues will bid up the dogs $$$ as will the puppy mills. Once the dogs and money are divvied up and the smoke clears she can use the money to buy more breeding stock and make more puppies. You can save some of the dogs this time but this is only a bad aid on a wound that will not heal. I have mixed feelings - the more people are willing to pay, the more people are encouraged to breed more of them in their back yard for a profit. Hard to know who the bad guys are.

-Mark.

Last edited:

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
It does suck but it doesn't suck that the community cares enough to do something about it which is fairly atypical. There are 44 papillons going to auction in lots and I want to believe they can be saved from a life in a breeding facility hellhole.

Here is to hope and breaking open my piggiebank to help.

It is unlikely this lady will be buying more dogs. She is selling her equipment and she would have to change her name and move to Russia for someone to not know her record on the matter. She is also in her late sixties- I don't see this happening again

lesleyjean

papillon auction

The USDA is involved which most likely means she is auctioning them to avoid fines. Since current pictures of these babies are not being released it is feared they are not in the best of conditions. It would be hard for anyone to care fir and properly maintain 41 dogs.

lesleyjean

Special Thanks!

Thank you for discussing our rescue efforts. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated. Our goal is to save all 41 and get them vetted and adopted into a forever home. No more breeding or life in cages. Thank You!

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
The USDA is involved which most likely means she is auctioning them to avoid fines. Since current pictures of these babies are not being released it is feared they are not in the best of conditions. It would be hard for anyone to care fir and properly maintain 41 dogs.
USDA is only involved because she is selling them all at one event. She needed a 1-time waiver to hold such a large sale. She was supposedly too small to be under their jurisdiction when she was selling them less frequently so no fines here. She did not have any USDA inspection records in the database. This information is public record. Anyone can access it on the USDA web site. "Private" information does not apply for government agencies.

Lets just hope those pups end up with loving caring homes one way or another.

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
Good News - All (41) of the Paps were sold and none of them went to puppy mills. Congratulations are due for everyone involved from donors to the foster homes. :hail:

Is there a blog or anything to read about their stories and updates???

So glad they are in good hands.:)

Members online