Problem with adding the picture

We tried to add a picture to our message in the way it's told in FAQ

When we tried to answer to other messages, we clicked "Post Reply" as it was told. However, there isn't any button labelled "Manage attachments". However,when it comes for example for this message ("post new thread") we are able to insert a picture. So if some of you understand the point I'm saying.

So the question is, how can we insert a picture from computer to our answers? That picture exists only in computer - not in internet.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Hi! Sorry you guys are having issues posting... I know some forums have the Attachments feature that the FAQ mentions, and since it's in there, Chaz must have at one point, but I don't believe it does any more.

The only way that I'm aware of to upload pictures is to first upload it somewhere on the internet, and then link to it here. www.photobucket.com is a popular host, as is www.flickr.com - those are the two that I see people use most often here :) I use Photobucket, personally. Both of those sites require that you have an account, but it is free to register for, just like it was free to sign up here.

I've never used Flickr so I can only describe the process for Photobucket. Once you have an account, there's an Upload button that you can use to select from the files on your computer. You can select the image(s) you want to upload and it will load them onto your account. Once it's done, the image(s) will appear at the bottom of the screen, and you can click them. It takes you to the image page, and on the right-hand side you'll see "Links to share this photo". I always copy the "Direct" link.

Then there are two ways to post it to the forum. The first does it for you - above the text box when you make a thread, or a reply, you'll see a bunch of icons and images, like the option to bold text, italicize it, etc. A little bit right from the middle there is a yellow box with little mountains on it. That's your Insert Image button :) You can click on that, paste the link, and it'll automatically put it in your post.

The second way is to do it manually. You'll see when you click the Insert Image button and add it that way, it posts your link surrounded by [ IMG ] (insert image link here) [ / IMG ], just without the spaces. You can avoid using the Insert Image feature by just typing the code around the link yourself. I type quickly, so I've found this method to actually be faster for me than using the Insert Image tool, but your mileage may vary :)

Thank you for your answer. My friend wants to know, if there is some other way to insert a picture than downloading it to photobucket or flickr and so on (those pictures can be found by searching)? In other words, she wants that only those people who are in this forum sees the picture(s). Could someone answer to this question? :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer. My friend wants to know, if there is some other way to insert a picture than downloading it to photobucket or flickr and so on (those pictures can be found by searching)? In other words, she wants that only those people who are in this forum sees the picture(s). Could someone answer to this question? :)
I'm not sure if there is a way other than uploading them to flickr or a similar site, changing the privacy settings so that only you can see them and then using a direct link (as in, right click and get the image url). I think then they could be posted and viewed but couldn't be viewed on the actual site. Maybe.

But, remember this is a public forum and people not even members can easily view anything you post here.

Testing:

You should be able to see this

But not be able to view this

https://www.flickr.com/photos/travelingkoolie/13784708105/

This time we weren't able to explain so that you could have understood what my friend meant.

You need to try it using the image page as the link not the direct link.
I had added that picture by two ways as Linds had done it. Now we can/we added then another picture in another thread. So...

Members online