Dang it all.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Before we went hiking in the woods yesterday, I sprayed my guys with a natural insect repellant spray we have. It has cedarwood, lavender, and citronella in it. I meant to use it last time and just forgot. I've been spraying it on Payton before we go to the lake and haven't had any issues, but we've also been playing in a lake rather than actually going through the woods.

Post-walk, I went over Payton and Auggie to look for ticks, since we brought home a few from our last hike. I didn't find any and was like whoo-hoo! This stuff works! I DID see a small little bug crawling through Payton's fur, and I grabbed it, and tried to squish it... and it jumped out of my fingers. Hmmmm... but since I never got a good look at it, I couldn't be sure. And I didn't see anything else while combing through him, so I didn't worry too much about it.
Well, both Payton and Auggie started scratching a lot through the middle of the night. This does not bode well. I brushed Payton really quick this morning and sure enough found a dead flea. I went back to my bed and looked really closely and found a small dead flea on my comforter.

Are you kidding me?! At least they are all turning up dead so hopefully we won't have any problems here. =/ Gross gross gross. Guess I'm doing laundry tonight.

I'm thinking of buying some brewer's yeast anyway... though Payton was apparently on that as a baby and he still had fleas when I brought him home. Will brewer's yeast in their diet daily help them NOT pick stuff up when we go hiking?

Tazwell

I've never used or even heard of brewers yeast being used for fleas, but I know people that swear by garlic. Just a little garlic powder sprinkled over the food every day will do the trick, I guess!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Wow, and those tablets are dirt cheap! I think I'll be getting some of those and start feeding them to the boys and see if that helps them not bring anything home next time. =P

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The ONLY reason I like vegas: No fleas or ticks.

Sorry. :/
Yeah, it bites (HAHA I made a joke.) And honestly the weather in central Illinois is so whackadoo that there's like... 10 months of flea and tick season. MAYBE three whole months of flea-and-tick free if we get a cold December. fffffffff.

Staff online

Members online