Canon lens - Help!

JacksonsMom

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have that 75-300mm and am happy with it, I pretty much exclusively take dog pictures so the zoom is super nice. Someone who is better at photography in ggeneral could get nicer pics than I do lol but I think my results are fine despite my lack of skill!

the 250 always seems to get great reviews as one of the kit lenses as far as optical quality and stuff. You can probably get a barely used one that someone is unloading for under 200 bucks pretty easily.

That would probably be my first choice with the most bang for the buck. Past that, nothing really offers what I'd want till I get into the higher price brackets.

Have you looked at used ones? That's the direction I'm going to go as soon as I can.

Taqroy

I have that 55-250 lens and have been debating putting it up for sale. Let me know if you're interested (I'm just not a zoom type of person and I never reach for it, I vastly prefer my 50mm).

Michiyo-Fir

I would go for the 55-250mm stabilized lens over the 75-300 lens because the 75-300 does not have built in internal stabilization and may be a bit more difficult to use for animals because they move so fast.

JacksonsMom

I have that 55-250 lens and have been debating putting it up for sale. Let me know if you're interested (I'm just not a zoom type of person and I never reach for it, I vastly prefer my 50mm).
Okay, yeah I'd definitely be interested! The one on amazon was listed for $299. Let me know what condition yours is in and what price you'd be asking. :) The only thing is I was considering buying the one on amazon because it comes w/ a few extra things.

I would go for the 55-250mm stabilized lens over the 75-300 lens because the 75-300 does not have built in internal stabilization and may be a bit more difficult to use for animals because they move so fast.
I saw a review on amazon that said something similar!

Okay, I think I'll probably go with the 55-250.

Taqroy

Okay, yeah I'd definitely be interested! The one on amazon was listed for $299. Let me know what condition yours is in and what price you'd be asking. :) The only thing is I was considering buying the one on amazon because it comes w/ a few extra things.
Okay, on closer inspection my lens doesn't have the STM designation - which seems to be a focusing thing? I'm not sure exactly. Mine is this one. It's basically brand new. I've used it maaaaybe three times and it just sits in my camera bag the rest of the time. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll come up with a price. :)

Members online

No members online now.