The Good News thread

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Since I posted two giant rants in the venting thread, figured I'd post my good news:

I did my very first dog dental today at work! That's something I've been wanting to learn and was finally able to do. Huzzah!
That's awesome! I love doing dentals. Wish I could do them all day lol. Dog dentals at least, I don't care for kitty mouths very much. :p

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
That's awesome! I love doing dentals. Wish I could do them all day lol. Dog dentals at least, I don't care for kitty mouths very much. :p
He had a pretty awesome mouth for me to learn on. Nice medium size mouth, some tartar on his molars and canines I got to crack off, no extractions needed, and he polished up nice and pretty. I definitely learned a lot! Much prefer doing the procedure vs monitoring. Hahaha

I just need to become more confident placing catheters (my tape job sucks and I get flustered when I don't get it on the first stick) and get more practice tubing, and I'll be well on my way to being a more rounded "tech" (not registered). Oh, and cat jug sticks. I hate cat jug sticks.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
He had a pretty awesome mouth for me to learn on. Nice medium size mouth, some tartar on his molars and canines I got to crack off, no extractions needed, and he polished up nice and pretty. I definitely learned a lot! Much prefer doing the procedure vs monitoring. Hahaha

I just need to become more confident placing catheters (my tape job sucks and I get flustered when I don't get it on the first stick) and get more practice tubing, and I'll be well on my way to being a more rounded "tech" (not registered). Oh, and cat jug sticks. I hate cat jug sticks.
I'd say you're doing pretty good if those are your trouble spots! Cat jugulars are the death of me and my catheter taping is always a little wonky... but it just needs to stay in, right? :p

My clinic is just starting to have the techs do the intubating, where before it was always the dr. that did it.... so I did it a few times in school, like, 4 years ago! But otherwise it's pretty new for me!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I love
Our homeschool co op. Our last park day is this thursday and I have to work until noon. Hannah really wants to go but i can't get there until late (it starts at 10:30. Hubby said he
Would take her as long as he knows who to leave her with.

I have had multiple
Friends step up to watch her when I can't be there. I am
So appreciative! She wouldn't be a problem... She'll be off playing
With her friends but it is comforting to know that they will all care
For her in my absence and she'll have a great time with her friends :)

Paviche

Duuuuude.
One of my best friends just got married, and she and her husband are moving up to Maine to take over his parents' 300 acre sheep farm. They're leaving in October, and I'm bummed and going to miss them, BUT.

We've been talking extensively about me moving out there with them when their house is built, probably a year and a half or so from now. Their new house is going to be pretty spacious with a few extra bedrooms on the second floor. It's gorgeous country, the very northeast tip of Maine, basically on the Canadian border.

But the best part is: SPACE! For DOGS! We've been talking about training/competing/showing dogs together for years, and this is like... the absolute ideal situation for that to happen.

I'm so excited about the possibilities. My life's dream has basically been to move to Vermont, have land, have dogs. So it's pretty much a dream come true - I can substitute Maine for Vermont no problem :)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Had some "fun money" and decided to buy a 3DS XL and Pokemon X. Seriously love it! Also am going to pre-order omega ruby or alpha sapphire, don't know which one yet as I want to make sure i don't get the same one as my friend.

This might cut into my chaz time lol!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I got 13/15 on a Teen Wolf quiz. Hahaha, eff you memory issues.

I'm such a dork. But that's a pretty amazing thing for my horrifyingly bad memory.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh god, getting excited about the house. <3 I love it. The inspection came back almost flawless- one cracked window, needs new air vents and a door chain on the storm door. The inspector thought it was put together beautifully and will outlast many of the new houses he sees (mine is 33 years old) My realtor told me he's been looking at every house in the price range between me and another customer and he thinks I got the best house out there right now.

Now, it does need some updating. It really has kind of an 'old people' look to the inside. And that makes sense considering the current owners are in their 70s. But that can be worked on. The floor plan is great. Location great. Yard is small but pretty. No structural issues at all. All new HVAC and roof. New dishwasher. Shorter commute. Right across the street from a beautiful campus with lit walking trails. Pretty little neighborhood.

Eeep! I'm starting to get excited!!!!

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
There is a giant amount of dead space on one particular wall. After a disastrous agility trial yesterday, we woke up& went to buy shelving. I'm currently sitting here snuggling my puppy watching my boyfriend do all the hard work of building 2 shelving units& hanging them.

Everyone should date a carpenter.

I had a phone interview last week, but this week I have an in person interview with the UKC because the headquarters are right in my city. I'm pretty sure I am just going to walk in and pee my pants.

Lyzelle

Lab results from my doctor's appointment last week are in...

And my Vitamin D is STILL LOW. WTF. Not as low, thankfully, but still.

And everything else is normal! Woot! Few things to work on, but overall much better than my April results. :D

GipsyQueen

Just found somewhere I can actually afford to get raw from. Excellent.
Isn't it great? :D We pay less for raw right now (80€/month) than we would pay for high quality food/month... and it's only 10 minutes away. She even pre-packages meal/day.

Members online

No members online now.