Blue-ish bump?

I found a bump on Sox when I was giving him a bath on Saturday. It's small (about the size of a pencil eraser), on the skin (it moves with the skin and doesn't feel like it's attached to any muscle of anything, but it does feel like it's pretty deep.), and a weird blue-ish colour. It's on his right hind "thigh". Initially, I thought it was a weird bug bite or something. I've been looking at it everyday and it hasn't gotten smaller or changed at all. It looks like it would be filled with fluid, but it feels really hard.

I made a vet appointment for next Thursday, but I've been reading about bumps and lumps and cancer and now I'm really anxious about it. He is getting older -- he'll be 8 next month.

Anyone have any ideas about what it could be?

busannie

Annie, my old fart had a little growth that looked similar to that, and it eventually developed a "head" and when I was looking at it one day it started emitting grayish cyst cheese and some tiny clumps of hair. Gross. I squeezed all the stuff out of it and it never came back. I had been sort of worried about it because it seemed "pigmented" and firm, but turned out to be nothing. Hopefully the same is true for your boy:)

Members online

No members online now.