Toy help please

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
As some of you heard Lucas LOVES to play and shred up the dust buster (for pics go here http://chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10898 ). This is his FAVORITE thing to play with. He isn't real interested in any of his other toys. He plays with them somtimes, but not a lot and never as excited as he was with the duster! I was wondering if anyone could suggest a type of toy that he might enjoy?

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
what about one of those ropes that are thick and tied at each end that you can throw and play catch. Nalla loves this and will spend hrs running with it then stopping to throw it in the air and catch it again. I will have to see if I cant get a pic of that because it is to funny

Y

yuckaduck

Ropes, rawhide chews [supervised], peanut butter stuffed Kong [freeze it for longer lasting time]

Dreeza

we always gave oakley the milk carton when we were finished with it...he loooves playing...and when he got bored, we kick it across the room, and the fun starts all over...

also water bottles...i am guessing he likes the noise it makes when he plays with them

those are some nice cheap toys...last only about one play session though, lol, cause once oakley has decided he has destroyed it to his satisfaction, he wont play with it anymore.

oakley also likes his ball with the rope going through it...even though when he runs with it, the ball hits him in the head...but the ball is supposed to be big enough to he cant put his jaws around it (of course oakley manages to, and then it pops out sometimes, and he gets all frustrated)

thats about all i can think of now!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus loves the toy we found for him at Petco. It's a foot-long piece of fire hose, stuffed and sewn very securely at the ends. He loves it because it's soft and has a squeaker inside. I love it because it's the only soft chewie that has lasted longer than 10 minutes. :D

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Ok, I have some stuffed animal like toys, a rope toy, a rubber tug toy, a kong, a few balls, a fuzzy stuffed toy with a squeeker, and he had some of those treat toys your roll and the treats come out. He doesn't like any of those that much! I mean I can get him playing with them for a little while, but he never get's too into it or excited about any of the toys. He LOVES tearing the fluff out of the stuffed toys and then playing with just the fabric. He also likes toys with squeekers.

He doesn't have a real drive to chase balls or ropes that much, but seems to like tug-of-war. I'll see if I can find that firehose thing you suggested gempress! Maybe he'll like that.

I wish I could remember the name of a toy I got for Shiva. It might be perfect for Lucas. It's on a loop of heavy nylon cord, and is a big ball, about five inches across made of some sort of tyvek like stuff that is almost like a very tight, super-tough bath scrubby thing with a solid core. Shiva loves it! And she's never demolished it . . .

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
oh I also had an orbee ball thing that you suggested renee. He like that one, but it dissapeared after the first few days. lol I might get another one of those.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
wow that fire hose thing sounds cool. i would love to get one for Teddy. he is on a rampage since I left. He tore up ALL of his stuffed animals which he NEVER does he chewed two hats and chewed a big hole in my couch blanket. He is not a happy camper right now but maybe he would have a tougher time getting that hose apart. At least until he comes to live with me again.

We have a basketball for Teddy. It looks like a giant tennis ball haha. He loves it though cause he can't pick it up (except when he uses his front teeth and picks it up by the fuzz haha) and as soon as he bumps it it takes off again for him to chase lol.

You could make homemade dog toys....a few years ago my sister took an old pair of shorts, clipped off the back pockets, stuffed them with cotton, and sewed the tops shut....they are adorable and make great toys. Here's a rope toy idea....
Homemade Rope Toy

2 feet rope or clothesline
2 tennis balls
1 rawhide or bone

Take your rope and at one end securely tie one tennis ball. In the middle, securely tie the rawhide. At the other end, securely tie one tennis ball.
Walah a cheap, homemade toy your dog will love!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
hmm well Lucas picked out a toy on his own! Usually he is too excited about the people and dogs that he doesn't pay attention to the toys, but as I hobbled along with him he grabbed this white terrier stuffed animal toy that squeked and gave it to me! lol it was so cute :p

Members online

No members online now.