The dog musing/vent thread

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Went to a dock diving class and finally got Brisbane to launch himself off the side of the pool instead of the top step! We also rented out the pool for an hour of playtime with assorted dogs and fosters.

Xena fell off the dock and forgot how to swim. I know for a fact that she swims like a fish in the ocean, river, and this particular pool so it was a bit of a 'wtf?' moment before someone jumped in to fish her out. The rescue people are finally starting to entertain the notion that she may not see well.

Darla accidentally fell in the pool at least four times. A bit dense that one...

SpringerLover

Words I rarely hear at work: "your dog is underweight."

And yet, it's my own dog. Poor Bailey.

Back to raw and supplementing with sweet potatoes.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
How/where?

And yay! Congrats!
Apparently some C&D coupon I used last month entered me into a drawing? I had no idea there was a contest involved lol. But hey I'll take it, it's a medium bag each month which should last fairly well with Juno. It's been a couple years since I've fed her BB but she did great on it at the time.

Went for a chihuawalk this morning. I have chi fever. And the only cure is more chihuahua.

Even though Ven had more fun with the border whippet. And sat like a troll.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Went for a chihuawalk this morning. I have chi fever. And the only cure is more chihuahua.

Even though Ven had more fun with the border whippet. And sat like a troll.

Is that snow? Is this photoshopped? Or do the fluffy chihuahuas not just cease to exist in moderately cold temperatures?

Yeah, it was about -5 C when we started out, warmed up a bit but was still under 0 in this photo. Venice needed jammies until the end, he didn't. He is a tough little guy! :)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Boo, Lincoln has giardia :( :( the good thing? is its not something horrible like a pancreatic deficiency, the bad news? is he is on panacur for 7 days, 6 ML and he HATES it and bucks and fights like a wild horse when its time to give it to him. :( I hate doing it to him, can 7 days be over, yet? :(

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Brisbane's ILP was thoroughly rejected. According to the email I received, multiple parties decided he doesn't look like a Border Collie. So no AKC herding for us. Trying to get into AHBA but none of the trials in my state offer beginner-level classes so we apparently need to get a whole lot better before considering trialing. There aren't many trials either, at ten years old Brisbane may not actually live long enough title unless we go to every trial and Q every time.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Added bonus: the AKC representative (who had all of his information plus a multitude of pictures right in front of her) suggested I trial in AKC agility with Brisbane instead. Thanks, my ten-year-old dog with glaring structural flaws and I will get right on that.

StillandSilent

Princess Coyote got sent to time out today at daycare for being a rampaging jackass. He felt that he was treated unjustly (he's not a commoner after all!), and proceeded to pout for the entire rest of the shift. He's such a turd.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It is kind of annoying that they wont allow mixes to do herding trials. Or earth dog either.

I can understand it sort of but they let boxers do herding so why not herding breed mixes?

Eta: mostly annoyed hank can't do earth dog.

Last edited:

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Canicross is freaking amazing. Why did I not try this earlier? Like, when Roxie was 2 instead of when she just turned 6, lol.

But seriously. So very in love with canicross. I hope that I can do this with Roxie for many, many more years.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I sure wish AHBA were more beginner-friendly. There's a trial on the 24th that I'd like to go to, but I can't tell if they'll have a low-enough level class for us. It's listed on the AHBA site but nowhere else, not mentioned on the website for either the venue or the club holding it. No entry form available anywhere to actually see what will be offered.

Tried emailing the contact everyone has listed and got no reply. Tried asking the person who sent me my "Welcome to ABHA" email what to do next and was told "Eh, they're probably busy."

Next time someone shrugs off my inability to do AKC herding and tells me to just do AHBA instead I'm going to laugh.

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
Sirius saw stock for the first time today at his herding lesson... He did better than i could imagine. I was so nervous on if he would no what to do and if he would like it ( he loved it and didn't want to leave) :3

DJEtzel

Canicross is freaking amazing. Why did I not try this earlier? Like, when Roxie was 2 instead of when she just turned 6, lol.

But seriously. So very in love with canicross. I hope that I can do this with Roxie for many, many more years.
I'm ordering the omnijore system to start with Recon today. I am so pumped. We've been working on directionals and cues and can't wait to actually get in a harness.

Members online

No members online now.