any idea what was going on here?

exotica

These were not my dogs, I would not let this go on id take my dog out of the situation it looked like trouble

Anyways 2 dogs of people i know met, one was a jack russel huge male that always thinks hes the king the other is a young shepherd female like 2 years old a typical shepherd

Anyways the jack russel kept trying to dominate the female shepherd like he does all dogs, it works on a lot of dogs or most dogs but on this female she was not phased at all by him and sometimes would curl her lip a bit at him and then she would CONSTANTLy lock her eyes at him like 2 inches away from his. Like intense stare in the jack russels face every time the jack russel would try to jump on her or dominate her.

THe owners thought they were playing. It did not look like it though. Well there was no fighting but they kept locking eyes really hard. Looked like the female shepherd was considering snapping the other dog in half or was going to lose it. THey kept locking eyes. Neither would look away.

MicksMom

I'm not expert, but my thinking is they are both trying to show the other they are the "boss". And I don't think you're too far off about the Shepherd looking like she was thinking of grabbing the JRT. If one of the owners doesn't stop this behavior (or re-direct it), I wouldn't be surprised is she did grab him.

Members online

No members online now.