Looking for a video...

Sekah

The Monster.
A few months back (maybe even a year ago or so) I saw a video highlighting the tricks/behaviours a blonde border collie could do. It was shot beautifully and had unusually high production value. I can't remember the name of the video or dog. I remember being wowed by the foot rebounds the dog was doing. I was hoping that someone on Chaz might be able to dig it up for me. Does anyone remember it?

I'm getting the itch to put together a video myself and would love to use it as some inspiration. Thanks!

Jeez, this is embarrassing. Just as I post the thread I find the video. The dog was merle, not blonde.

[YOUTUBE]WK6MkxA0isw[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone have any other inspiring videos highlighting a dog/trick?

Also... I swear I remember a blonde dog doing tricks... maybe I'm thinking of another video. Help!?

This stream of consciousness OP is brought to you by too much caffeine.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
OMG. Loved that!!! Almost makes me want a collie to train tricks with!!!! Fred's aren't really that agile lol

Taqroy

That video is awesome!! I wish I had that many tricks but I always work halfway through one and then start another and then start another....lol.

Sekah

The Monster.
I found the one I was originally looking for. I think my memory melded these two videos together into one.

[YOUTUBE]vIma5YEkJ7k[/YOUTUBE]

I'm really hoping I can create something of this calibre with my little Nikon DSLR. This will be my project for the winter...

... just gotta polish up a few tricks. :D

Knskye

Those videos were awesome!! Now I want to make a video! We don't know any tricks yet though.
Dumb question but what websites or programs are you guys using? I have iMovie but it's to hard. I need something simple.

k9krazee

Ok. There's a couple tricks in there I need to teach Crosserton ASAP! Dead dog dead weight & Zombie window licker (from the first vid).

JacksonsMom

I found the one I was originally looking for. I think my memory melded these two videos together into one.

I'm really hoping I can create something of this calibre with my little Nikon DSLR. This will be my project for the winter...

^^ I was thinking of that one when I initially read your post.

I loooveee that BC. awesome! Hadn't seen that one.

I was a big YouTube dog tricks fantatic for a while. I watched quite a few. I made a few of Jackson but have been majorly slacking. He's got a lot more cute tricks up his sleeve and I've been too lazy to film.

But here's an old one.

[youtube]yj9F-V6hWUg[/youtube]

I really wanna make a new higher quality one.

My other favorite is JustJesse197... awesome little JRT!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears

This dog looks so much like my friend's dog. Crazy!

Slick

Kristina
These are great inspiration! Love them all! Its amazing what you can do with just a clicker, some treats and a motivated dog.

Trick training question that arose from watching them: How many tricks/skills can one teach at once? Is it better to get full mastery of one skill before moving on to the next, or can multiple be worked on at a time?

I feel like Leo has so much to learn. He has a solid and consistent Sit and Off and at least knows Come and Free. That is about it. There are so many commands I need/want to teach him Down, Leave it, Drop It, In Your Crate, Watch Me etc. and I don't know how to prioritize it.

Sekah

The Monster.
These are great inspiration! Love them all! Its amazing what you can do with just a clicker, some treats and a motivated dog.

Trick training question that arose from watching them: How many tricks/skills can one teach at once? Is it better to get full mastery of one skill before moving on to the next, or can multiple be worked on at a time?

I feel like Leo has so much to learn. He has a solid and consistent Sit and Off and at least knows Come and Free. That is about it. There are so many commands I need/want to teach him Down, Leave it, Drop It, In Your Crate, Watch Me etc. and I don't know how to prioritize it.
I tend to throw everything at my dog and see what sticks. I wouldn't recommend teaching similar cues simultaneously (like play dead/roll over) but otherwise they're pretty good at figuring it out.

I think I have about half a dozen tricks actively in the works right now, and dozens that need some refinement.

Members online

No members online now.