Cas chambers!!! I am appalled!!!!

necterine0

I never knew they did this kind of thing..I am so sad to call myself human.

Hello.
My name is "Lost Soul" and I'm a stray mutt mix who was found by an animal control officer when I was trying to find food in somebody's garbage can.
I'm starving, skinny and scared. I'm 3 years old, and my whole life was spent chained to a tree. My owner moved and just let me run free. I'm not that beautiful. I'm a black lab mix like most of the other "prisoners" at the shelter.
Most people will pass me by because of my emaciated body and skin problems.
I know it's time for me to go to heaven and I accept this.
I just wish I could die a peaceful death with a shot.
But no, I will die in the GAS CHAMBER in Johnston County, NC.
I will be put in a box with many other dogs and locked in.
I will be scared and start to cry.
I hope none of the other dogs get mad and start to attack me which is very common in this situation.
I will start to breathe in the gas and I will feel my eyes and mouth burn and I will start howling.
I will take my little nose and put it to the bottom of the grate to try to catch some fresh air.
This isn't working, Oh God, Please Help, I can't breathe!
I'm vomiting, dizzy and starting to black out and convulse.
I hear the other "lost souls" scream and some blood is splattered on me because I'm pawing to get out.. and I cut the pads on my paws off. Oh My God this hurts and I'm so scared!
I'm wondering why I have to die this way??
All I ever wanted was a family to love and warm lap to sit on!!
Why do convicted murderers on death row get a shot, but I have to die in a
GAS CHAMBER?
I wish I could die with a shot, with a vet holding me and rubbing my ear telling me everything will be okay. I would die with some dignity and not defecate or urinate on myself.
I better give in to the gas and go to heaven now, for if I don't die, they will put me in the gas chamber and do it again.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is very powerful...i am grateful that there are less and less shelters using this form to put the animals to death. The fact that it was ever used is unforgiveable.

necterine0

But the point is that they still do ..And i just cant stand to think about it happening to even 1 more lost soul...I want to jump in and help but don't know how!!!!:(

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
All I can say is im so thankful none of my dogs had to face that horrible torture. It reminds me od concentration camps.....

bubbatd

I've known of this....the sad thing is some are not yet dead when removed....it's horrible !!!! It's so sad!

This just makes your think how people can be so cruel. We have gone to the point where we can actually put a living breathing mammal in a room and hear them whine and howl in torturing agony and just act like nothings happening. I too am glad that my dogs will NEVER have to go through this type of torture.

-Jon

nedim

Thats so horrible. I actually started to fell my chest tighten and sorta got short of breath. How can something like this go uninterrupted?

Barb04

Super Moderator
This is the first that I've heard of the gas chambers. It sickens me to know that this is done.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
I never knew they did that....I'm on the verge of tears now. That is so sick....Humans amaze me with the sick, horrible things they do.

bubbatd

There's a shelter near here that a couple of years ago was having a lot of problems. One of the previous workers told of seeing dogs still moving when piled for disposal. Was sickening!!!!!!!!!!!

necterine0

Martine said:
This is so sad, I'd never heard of it either - those poor babies! How common is it?
I read that in one state alone they kill over 3000 a year that way..only a few States remain left that do it that way, but that is one to many for me.

I've heard that some shelters do that, and it bothers me quite a bit. It reminds me of World War II and the concentration camps :(. That was horrible, so is this.

Last edited:

bogolove

That is horrible. I feel so sick now that I have read that. I wish that I could save them all. I am just sick about that.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have heard it is a painless way to die, but have u ever tried to walk your dog around the back of a running car? The smell of exhaust just makes me sick to my stomach and gives me an instant headache...so maybe it isn't as bad as some poisons, but it is inexcusable when sodium pen. is available. There is no kinder death then the injection that my Bronki had..or the others i have taken in to stop their pain.

gapeach

Big Mutts
That is so horrible, people that dump their dogs at shelters should have to watch the poor babies die this way, then at least they wouldn't do it again. I'm guessing shelters do it this way b/c its cheaper? How very sad.

Members online

No members online now.