Grr.....Another story about a stupid person

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Ok, so, I'm walking down the road with Beethoven (I know it seems like I don't walk the other two, but stuff only happens when I'm walking Beethoven; weird!) and I hear that "dog tag jingle". Well, the other day, I was walking down the road without the dogs, and I see a boy standing on the front porch of the house down towards the end of the street, with two dogs; one looks like a brown pittie mix, and the other a GSD mix. I know the people who live there; this is just their son coming to visit.

Well, today, coming home in my car, I see the Pit cross loose down the end of the road. Being both nosy and paranoid :rolleyes: I walked down the end of the street to make someone grab her before I took my dogs outside. (LOL) She's a very nice, friendly dog; I called her, and she ran over to me, because no one was watching her :mad: . Anywho, they called her back, and took her in the house, and I didn't see her again.

So, just now, I was walking Beethoven down the road, and the Pittie runs over to me. She probably likes other dogs, but I don't trust Beethoven, and I didn't want to find out if she was friendly or not. So, I start yelling to the boy who is standing outside, showing his mother something "Hey dude!" Well, I yelled that about five times before yelling "Can you grab your dog?!"

He starts WAVING at me, like "oh she's nice" :eek: . So, I start yelling "he's not nice!!!" and pointing at Beethoven. The boy's ignoring me! So, I yell louder, "HEY MAN! CAN YOU GRAB YOUR DOG?!" His brain finally switched on, I guess, because he called the dog and it ran back to him.

I was ticked, so I yelled in my rude I-don't-mean-this voice "thank you".

Man...some people are just too dumb to own dogs. What he was doing was illegal. You can't let your dog run at large where I live. I so badly wanted to grab one of tons of leashes I have, walk back down the road, and throw it at him and say, "here, you might find this useful". If the people who live there weren't so nice....maybe I would have.

That's my rant for the day... :rolleyes: Anybody want to share some stories about stupid people? LOL

BaileysMom

What an idiot! He doesn't even stop to think his dog might get into a fight with another dog, hurt by another dog, ran over by a car, eat something that will make him sick, even step in a fire ant hill or something. Jerks who don't want to TAKE CARE of their animals shouldn't have them.

Sorry you have to put up with that!

Geez, I hate people that just let their dogs run loose. One time, I was in the front with Tippy, and the neighbor came over. They're lab mix somehow came unchained in their backyard and came in front. The neighbor holds her collar and starts coming towards me saying, "Oh, she wants to be friends." I'm thinking, "Hello, do you see what my dog is doing? My dog does not want to be 'friends' with your dog." I just told her, "She doesn't get along well with dogs she doesn't know." so she'd get her dog away, LOL.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Yeah, I know! Beethoven had his hackles raised, barking, and this kid was so busy showing his mother something that he couldn't be bothered to grab his dog....ugh....I'm so glad to have met all you wonderful people here! You guys are great!

Some people are just so stupid.....you shouldn't let your dog run loose. It's just plain stupid. Not all dogs are friendly with other animals, it doesn't matter if yours is, not all are.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Purr, I know how you feel. CJ was always afraid of other dogs (by herself for 9 years). When I lived in a townhouse, one of my neighbors had 2 bassethounds which were very friendly. One day the lady let both of their leashes go and they ran for CJ who ran betwen my legs and was in a panic. I told the lady she doesn't like other dogs and she shouldn't let them loose like that. Of course, she just assumed all dogs would like hers. Thankfully, CJ wasn't a biter and just wanted to get home asap. People should stop assuming how other dogs will react.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Poor CJ! Yep, that's how this boy was; I guess he just assumed that since his dog was friendly, mine would be, too. He looked over at me before his dog even came near us, because he heard Beethoven barking. His dog is gonna get hurt someday, because of his stupidity.

Members online

No members online now.